GETTING OLDER EYESIGHT CORNER

How about those damn German Riverside box set liner notes from XYZ, purchased via Zweitausendeins. Great music and CDs but the liner notes really sucked. I was contemplating getting the microscope out for the discographies. :rmad:

Give me the back covers of LPs any day !

I always travel with three pairs of glasses: 1. Computer/reading glasses, 2. sunglasses and 3. the regular ones for near sightedness.

And...to spice things up, 1 & 3 have the same type of frames, so I have to switch back and forth to see if I'm using the right ones. :wacko::blink:

Edited by 7/4

Haven't read the whole thread yet but let me say, vain creature that I am, I hardly ever wear my contacts anymore because I can manage seeing closeup better with my bifocals. Meaning, I take off my glasses altogether when I have to read the really teeny tiny print.

I wish being old had something to do with it (I'm 27). I had to get glasses in the 5th grade. I can't see a thing without them. :(

I got them in 2nd grade. I'm so nearsighted, the only computer letters I could read without my glasses were B3-er's "YOU CALL THAT BIG?"

But when I got to be 45, the focal point changed -- so now I have bifocals, but the bottom part isn't a farsighted prescription, just a slightly different "nearsighted" one. Actually worked very well in the "transitions" type of bifocals for a few years. Now I guess I need a new prescription but not quite ready to pay $$$ for it. But at the moment my sightreading is paying for it!!!

I have had perfect vision my entire life until very recently (I'm 42). In the past year or so I've noticed the street signs getting more and more blurry--especially at night. It was never that big a problem as I usually know where I'm going and/or I could figure out what the sign said by guessing. Anything backlit--like advertising signs at the airport--were very blurry. Seeing the score of a basketball game on television was getting pretty iffy. I was more or less ignoring the problem until I had to go to Montreal for work. Not only was I unfamiliar with the city, but the street signs were all in French and I could no longer guess what they said!

I finally broke down and went to the eye doctor. Guess I'm near-sighted, which is weird because I read A LOT for work and I still can see fine up-close. Everyone else I know my age who had to get glasses had to get reading glasses. I've got the opposite problem.

Although I really only need them to drive, I pretty much wear my glasses all the time now. I've got the rimless kind too, Chuck, now I'm worried they'll start cracking like yours have!

By the time I reached 13, I was wearing eyeglasses.

By the time I reached 40, I was told my myopia would ebb and my eyesight would be better. Damn lies!!

By the time, I reached 50, I was presbyopic.

Then I discovered Varilux lenses. Was told that it would take days to get used to them. More lies!

Those Varilux seem to have been made for me. I would not be without these eyeglasses anymore.

I've worn glasses for the past three years (I'm 47). I have switched to progressive lenses, as I really only have issues with things far away. I can now use the same pair for near and far. No need to remove them to read (although I can read without them). Glasses don't really both me except when I want to play basketball/baseball. I don't have any issues with the way they look or anything like that.

Not interested in a laser shooting me in my eyes, I may end of looking like this B) .

By the time, I reached 50, I was presbyopic.

Does that mean you have difficulty reading Lester Young liner notes?

No problem reading most of those damn CD liner notes.

Now I wish they will have the equivalent of hearing Varilux when my ears are hit by myopia B)

Any time I read liner notes. In fact anything in smaller print, I find I'm taking off my glasses. And this on top of my having those bifocals type glasses that don't have a line through them, which, btw, I fought for two years before I got them. Maybe they just need strengthening.

I wish being old had something to do with it (I'm 27).  I had to get glasses in the 5th grade.  I can't see a thing without them.   :(

Geting Older!!!

I was about 15 when my left eye began to go the same way as the rest of my mother's side of the family (not literally).

I wore contacts on my bike for years but then on days when I didn't I would have difficulty recognising close friends; "that little lad" --- My best man's wife!

"Who was that guy in the red jersey?" --- FRIEND: " What guy... that was a post box!"

My last pair of specs:jam_both.jpg

Like I said, my weakness is on the left eye.

Edited by tonym