GETTING OLDER EYESIGHT CORNER

If you're like me, your eyes don't work nearly as well as they once did. So here's a chance to say what you have to say in a format that is easy to read. And if you don't have your glasses handy, you needn't be bothered with retrieving them.

I consider the creation of this thread to be a service to all my friends, so carpe diem y'all!!!!!!

I had to start wearing bifocals recently. No problem, they're great except when I need to look down to read music which is pretty much ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!

Now I have to take my glasses OFF to be able to read. Or I can wear my old really-out-of-style pair. I guess I need to get ANOTHER non-bifocal pair of glasses.

Sheesh. <_<

:blink: Sorry, Jim, but could you select a slightly larger font? :rfr

Thank God my optometrist tricks me into buying a new pair of reading glasses every year. Now I have them all over the place, and sometimes I even remember to bring them into the CD shops...

How about those A&M CD reissues (like Mel Lewis and Friends) where they keep all the LP art work (including solo transcriptions and lead sheets) and shrink it down to CD size. So you have lead sheets for A Child Is Born and Sho' Nuff Did and a Brecker transcription that are the size of postage stamps. Definitely a job for the ol' Magnifocus!

:blink: Sorry, Jim, but could you select a slightly larger font? :rfr

Thank God my optometrist tricks me into buying a new pair of reading glasses every year. Now I have them all over the place, and sometimes I even remember to bring them into the CD shops...

You ought to drop off a pair at some of your selected cd haunts.

:blink:  Sorry, Jim, but could you select a slightly larger font?   :rfr

Thank God my optometrist tricks me into buying a new pair of reading glasses every year.  Now I have them all over the place, and sometimes I even remember to bring them into the CD shops...

You ought to drop off a pair at some of your selected cd haunts.

I dunno... :unsure: I might end up buying even more that way... :rolleyes:

(more CD's, that is)

Edited by Jim R

I don't quite need reading glasses yet, although the blurry handwriting is on the wall. However, I've always been nearsighted, and now have to take off my glasses to see the computer screen. I just can't focus that close anymore...

I'm getting these mental images of a moose taking an eyesight test.