Central Park lake at 103rd Street

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need more threads like this. :tup I wish I was as computer (and camera) savvy as some of you folks. Anyway, thanks for the breath of fresh air!

Not viewable from my window, nor on a walk to the grocery store, but here are a couple of images I found on the net recently. These are two different views of a lake in the high country of the Sierra Nevada, which was a favorite backpacking destination of my dad's. We scattered his ashes there 20 years ago.

dscn2643.jpg

dscn3470.jpg

The view from my living room.

After a lifetime of non-interest in gardening I've finally decided to do something. The small pond is a few years old (God, those paving slabs need levelling!); the large pond got made a week ago.

Very much a work in progress. Currently a building site!

I hope by next summer it will be a place fit to listen to Maria Schneider CDs in!

Weather's been bloody awful here since early June, by the way!

Edited by Bev Stapleton

My, Couw... aren't you just bubbling over with positivity today....

guess what, we had MORE rain today, been like this (heavy rainshower, sunshine, rain, sun, rain,...) for almost two monts now. Might as well have been living in the subtropics near the sea somewhere, thought it's not as nicely warm here by far. Not grumpy though, just that this weather stimulates my observational skills.

I think :huh::g

ey bev, that "garden" looks a bloody mess! and what do you want TWO ponds for? you will drown in one when returning home with your head full of beverage one day- ;)

Ah, even the 'Hanging Gardens of Babylon' started like this!

Why two ponds? I just like ponds. Also less space to fill in with stuff that needs lots of work.

ey bev, that "garden" looks a bloody mess! and what do you want TWO ponds for? you will drown in one when returning home with your head full of beverage one day- ;)

next up: hanging ponds...

Victoria%20Falls%202.jpg

:tup;)

Victoria%20Falls%202.jpg

What a great idea!

I could fit two more above the existing ones. Sort of like that wierd chess game they used to play on Star Trek!

What a great idea!

I could fit two more above the existing ones. Sort of like that wierd chess game they used to play on Star Trek!

fascinating, yes-

puzz8-19.jpg