McLean, "Let Freedom Ring" (TOCJ 4106)

Bol

I've been looking for this one ever since I began to listen to McLean -- about 4 years ago. Unlike other TOCJs, I've never seen it anywhere -- not even on eBay. Does it exist? I was hoping that the recent RVG release would have made this one more common. But no such luck. Would appreciate any leads.

note that it was released in 1994, so it's not 20bit remastered.

Not that the bits have anything to do with it, but weren't all of the first TOCJ 84XXX CDs remastered using 20 bit technology? I thought they moved to 24 bit right in the middle of this series. Maybe around 1995?

And I mean it about the bits... some of the best-sounding CDs I own are 16 bit remasters. Bits has nothing to do with a good remastering job.

Later,

Kevin

note that it was released in 1994, so it's not 20bit remastered.

Not that the bits have anything to do with it, but weren't all of the first TOCJ 84XXX CDs remastered using 20 bit technology? I thought they moved to 24 bit right in the middle of this series. Maybe around 1995?

The CDs in the "Blue Note Works" TOCJ 1500, 1600, 4200, 4300 and 4400 series were all 20-bit remastered; the CDs in the TOCJ 4000 and 4100 series were 16-bit remastered.

And I mean it about the bits... some of the best-sounding CDs I own are 16 bit remasters. Bits has nothing to do with a good remastering job.

Very true.

Edited by J.A.W.

I posted and sold a copy (TOCJ 4106) for $15 last January on this Org Board forum. The thread would have been deleted within 1 day after the sale.

Well, I'm sorry that I missed that. But am glad that it exists. I hope it turns up again one of these days.