When was the last time you got shit faced?

Probably during my first year or two in Thailand in 1984 or 1985. I quit drinking in 1985 until last year when I started hankering for imported beers once more.

Now I have a couple of beers every week or two. That's about it. I won't go above three; otherwise, I get a headache.

Now if I were hanging out with Catesta, I might get shit-faced. He hangs with the right crowd! :P

I may also have a bottle of wine tonight, though I doubt it will really make me shitfaced :wacko: .

Same here. I've been drinking wines that are not sweet so I drink less.

edited because I've been drinking... :lol:

do you have poop on your face yet?

poop is a funny word B) !

July 4,2003. I had absolutely nothing to eat and plenty to drink. Beer in several locations turned into a fair amount of tequila in another. I went to the house of some acquaintances and sat down in a chair when the room began to spin. Several trips to the porcelain god proved unsatisfactory. They were barbecuing chicken and burgers but I knew I probably would pass out before I ate and at that point eating would have probably been a social bummer anyway. I had a friend drive me home where I promptly passed out. I woke up feeling pretty ragged.

I rarely drink anymore because I'm at the age where it's tough to bounce back from the hangovers. I won't totally rule out partying down like that but I try to pick my spots carefully and budget time for recuperation.

All depends on the definition of shit faced. Drank a lot of Shochu last Saturday and my memory of the latter part of the evening is distinctly fuzzy. Not what I would call shit faced though. Tonight in Roppongi could be a big night too. Anyway, I am reminded of the words of the great James Crumley:

Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Then he paused for a long minute and added, "And, son, never trust a drunk except when he's on his knees."

- James Crumley, The Wrong Case.

Hey Hardbop, how's the bottle treating you? :rlol

My wife and I just had dinner at our favorite restaurant in town; brought 2 bottles of Cotes du Rhone. Polished one off with dinner, had 1/2 of the next over dessert (lest you think we're gluttons, we tend to go out and split a salad and split the entree, just like seniors :unsure: ) and left the remainder for the chef (Philly has a lot of BYOB restaurants because it's so bureaucratic to get a liquor license. Good for the wallet, good for the tolerance, bad for the liver!). A good night indeed!

I think I'll go listen to some Horace Parlan while I prepare to face another workday!

The Bottle

See that black boy over there, runnin' scared

his ol' man's in a bottle

He done quit his 9 to 5 to drink full time

so now he's livin' in the bottle

See that black boy over there, runnin' scared

his ol' man's got a problem and it's a bad one

He done pawned off damn near everything, his ol'

woman's weddin' ring for a bottle

And don't you think it's a crime

when time after time, people in the bottle

See that sista, sho was fine 'fore she

started drinkin' wine from the bottle

Said her ol' man committed a crime

he's doin' time, now she's hangin' in the bottle

Out there on the avenue, all by herself

sho' need help from the bottle

We saw how preacherman tried to help her,

how she cussed him out and hit him in the head with the bottle

And don't you think it's a crime

when time after time, people in the bottle

See that gent in the wrinkled suit

he done damn near blown his cool

for the bottle

He was a doctor helpin' young girls along

if they weren't too far gone to have problems

Defenders of the dollar eagle

said "What you're doin', man, ain't legal,"

now he's in the bottle

and now we watch him everyday

he's tryin' to chase the pigeons away from the bottle

They turn to me, they said to me Gil now

"Don't you think it's a crime

When time after time, friends of mine, in the bottle?"

--Gil-Scott Heron

Well I drank the whole bottle of wine, and it only gave me a buzz. I wasn't really drunk. Maybe next time it should be 2 bottles.

What kind of wine?

Night Train. :g

if you're serious..good lord...why don't you just drink vodka if you want to get fucked up??? :blink:

Well I drank the whole bottle of wine, and it only gave me a buzz. I wasn't really drunk. Maybe next time it should be 2 bottles.

What kind of wine?

Night Train. :g

if you're serious..good lord...why don't you just drink vodka if you want to get fucked up??? :blink:

Kidding with you. It was Chateau Souverain from California. Nice and dry. I would never do Night Train. But, if 3 million bums can drink it, it's gotta be good. :P