Blue Note bulletin board archive CDs

Shrdlu

You may have noticed that the Blue Note website has even removed the bulletin board tab now.

But it has been announced that Michael Cuscuna is going to produce a box set of all the posts from the board, with assistance from Tom. The set, consisting of about 250 CDs, will be mastered in 24 bit by Ron McMaster, and is expected to retail for about $2500.98. A highlight will be Aric's account of his trip to Vancouver, BC.

More details as they become available. Now, back to the presidential campaign, already in progress.

I heard this too. It's supposed to be a limited set. I bet the issue with the phone call to Lou should be worth something on ebay real soon.

A pity that McMaster should get this assignment, I'd rather Malcolm Addey would have had a go at it. This will probably turn out another brittly affair. Still, I am very excited about this news! :excited:

Personally, I'm holding out for the JRVG's. Howver, I understand if you order the domestic pressing and use a credit card, you get a bonus CD that includes all of Aric Effron's original BNBB messages and the responses from board members. This includes the famous Tom Evered post that rendered Mr. Effron tactically inert.

Up over and out.

Edited by Dave James

I ain't signed a damn thing, and my kids use my computer all the time. Dig?

I need to find me a good suit who can exploit the public's current distaste for the entertainment industry. Laws and fine print be damned - it's time for emotion to rule!

Class action suit, anybody? Can't go wrong there!

JSngry Posted: Jul 27 2004, 09:11 PM 

This must be coming out on Lone Hill, 'cause I ain't seen a dime yet. 

Naw, it's on Fresh Sound - they're puttin' out everything else.

I ain't seen a dime yet either...though in fairness, they're probably scouring phone books across the country for people with the last name "Congeniality"!

I've been asked by Ron McMaster in assisting with this project. The package will include a special bonus Greatest Hits CD with posts narrarated by famous Hollywood movie stars. We're still currently in the casting process and are looking for suggestions on who should be the voice behind your favorite BN Board posters.

We've already signed William Shatner to play Aric.....

Edited by Shawn