Larry Young Mosaic.

Hardbopjazz

I dunno about the vocals. They're kinda scary, actually. She's so off-key.......and not in a "good way", either.

+++

I have the "Nine to the Universe" Jimi album. The personnel on "Young/Hendrix" is:

Jimi

Larry

Billy Cox - Bass

Mitch Mitchell - Drums

Recorded at the Record Plant-NY, 5/14/69.

It's not wildly exciting, like you would hope that it would be, but I'm glad I have it. I think there are one or two others in the "Jimi Hendrix Experience" box that came out a few years ago.

Sidewinder,

I don't think the two vocal tracks are essential, but I still want to have them when these two titles finally appear on CD.

If Blue Note were to, say, combine the two LPs on one CD and leave the vocals out for space limitations, I would be royally pissed!

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

mikeweil - here's the information you wanted on the Hendrix disc. It's called simply, "Jimi Hendrix - The Studio Outtakes - 1966 - 1970." It's on the Radioactive label (www.radioactiverecords.com). The three tunes with Larry Young are:

"It's Too Bad" (6:36) Hendrix, Larry Young and Buddy Miles. February 1969.

"World Traveler" (8:01) Hendrix, Larry Young and Buddy Miles. February 1969.

"Larry Young Jam" (10:24) Hendrix, Larry Young and Billy Cox. May 1969.

I picked this up at my local Borders.

Up over and out.

Further research seemed to indicate that 'It's Too Bad' was not with Larry Young - it says somewhere on the Hendrix site who it is. Don't know about 'World Traveler'. The presence of Larry on the third track seems to be uncontested - it sure sounds like him.

Bertrand.