Dexter Gordon Complete Note Recordings

I've been hearing bits and pieces of info about this one for a while now. Does anyone know if they are planning on releasing this set ever? If so, does anyone know when? Gotta start setting aside a budget for that one!

There was some talk back on the BNBB about BN re-releasing the complete Dex BN set, using the exact same masters, in some sort of "less-expensive-to-produce" packaging. Think "Complete Herbie Nichols" or "Lee Morgan - Live At The Lighthouse" type packaging, or maybe something similar to the recent 4CD "Grant Green" and "Horace Silver" retrospectives. (In any case, something that will have CD's in jewel-boxes of some sort.)

Nothing is at all definite (far from it, from what I remember), but if if it were ever re-released again, that's what we'd probably see.

No sonic upgrade, just a straight release of the same material. (I don't own the Dex box, and would greatly prefer the proposed "simpler" packaging, over those fold-out-long-box things, which I don't care for much at all.)

Guest Mnytime

I recall Tom saying on several occasions that they had no intentions of putting out any big box sets anytime soon. I also recall him saying that they would not reissue the Dex box and to get it while you can find it.