BNBB Closed until May 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood the extreme reaction that Blue Note had last week. I refuse to believe that it had anything to do with Norah Jones, or Politics, or even cdr's. I'm at a loss, maybe I just don't understand the mindset that went into the reaction, I mean, the flamewars on sportsboards are far worse than anything on the BNBB. So, who knows.

I just checked what I was able to get. Some odds and ends, but at least a couple of thousands of threads.

At least I've got such classics as 'eBay Craziness - redux' and the Lou Donaldson call threads. And, yeah, the Mobley Korner seems to be there too.

Has anyone else been saving anything from the BNBB?

Edited by Daniel A

It bothers me that the last thing (ever?) posted was some stupid comments from 'l p'.

I was into the process of backing up all the threads, but was in no way finished. I assume they are now all gone for ever. Damn.

Do you feel like Kal-El and Jar-El watching Kryton explode from afar?

Last time I looked, the last post was a response to lp by Franz Vichi.

The old threads might, MIGHT remain archived and available. It's so wacky over there now, I'd assume nothing one way or the other.

Amazing. I can understand the suits at BN not caring, but I just have to believe the Mosaic folks are not pleased by this development since they got many sales just from the enthusiastic chatter on the BNBB among ourselves. I too don't think it's a Norah thing as the cause.

I just picture Greg as Jor-El (looking like Marlon Brando) watching his world crumble.

Good thing we found this new planet before Krypton went.

I hope there were escape ships that make it here. I see a few made it to AAJ.

Something like it, yeah!

I see that I've got some Chris Albertson-hardbop fights, too. These may very well be a source of some tearful reminicing when I retire. :)

Edited by Daniel A

I don't understand why they didn't just do this from the start, if they wanted to make wholesale changes. It couldn't have been that hard to predict what would happen the way they approached it.

I can't help but think someone far up the chain, with no previous exposure to internet bulletin boards, checked out the place and crapped his pants...

Jim, I'm SO glad that one can write "Fuck it" here without fear of the evil eye.

We have no language filter here at all. I haven't even looked at that function. We're all big boys and girls. We've heard "dirty" words before.

Language filters suck.

As Use3D said the other night, "If people are offended by the words fuck, shit, ass, etc. they shouldn't be on the internet."

Wingy is welcome here. But if he purposely attacks another member in a threatening way, he'll get the boot.

That doesn't go for fart jokes. His jokes are lame, but they aren't threatening. My only rule here is no threats.

Also, keep in mind that there is a "Report this post" link at the bottom of every post. If you see something you think I should consider censoring, use that link.

A funny aside, the code for that button in this software is "go tell momma". I found that the other day. Hehe.