Happy Birthday Lon!!!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lon, I can only echo the sentiments of Dan and Dr. J.. You are one of the first friends I made on the jazz boards and it's amazing to think of how far back we actually go! Your knowledge, insight, and extreme generosity continue to impress. Here's hoping your week improves and that you'll have some fun this weekend...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Happy birthday to a great guy whose love and knowledge of not only jazz, but literature and religious history as well, is a constant inspiration and one of the many, many reasons why I've inhabited the BNBB and continue to inhabit this wonderful place that is made even brighter by your presence.

Satchmo sez: :party::party::party:

Thanks again all. The day is getting better. . . . The painters elected to choose my hallway to prop a 12' x 4' sign against and roll on very aromatic white enamel paint. . . . The resulting fumes have made it hard for me to focus on my Word documents and databases BUT has also dimished my ability to give a hoot!

Here's a verse of a stop-time John Lee Hooker ala "Boom Boom Boom" thing I've composed. Follow it's advice and follow it well.

Ochee mochee cochee pop.

Do the bop until you drop.

With a bucket full of slop,

Ochee mochee cochee pop.

Did you get to leave work by now on your birthday???

All the best, Lon -- hope things keep looking up. :party::party::party:

And -- of course I don't really BELIEVE in this stuff :w -- but the following shoe ;);) sure seems to fit you! According to "The Secret Language of Birthdays"

Those born on August 4 are often the guiding light to whatever social group, political movement, family or business they belong to. Not always cut out to be the leaders they nevertheless will occupy a principal position; indeed they make their influence felt and philosophy known to all with whom they associate. They are often extremely useful to their group in a symbolic role, as they perfectly represent its aspirations and embody its ideals...