Transition label

Dmitry

Transition Label jazz on CD: Thanks to the Japanese all the released Transition Label jazz LPs have been reissued on CD, except for 2: TRLP-23 Dartmouth Indian Chiefs and TRLP-27 Fran Thorne Piano Reflections. There are 2 sessions that were never released on LP: TRLP-8 Pepper Adams/Curtis Fuller and TRLP-18 Jay Migliori. If anyone knows of the existence of these 2 sessions I would really like to be informed about them. All of the preceding are my opinions arrived at after researching the Transition label for several years- I welcome corrections or supplemental information.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Toshiba-EMI mini lps of the Transitions are almost manufactured to the standards of the originals: pasted slick on a plain blue cardboard sleeve and a mini-booklet inside. No cheap glue holding the lables on though ph34r.gif I have the two Byrds in this format and they look really good. I think I paid $30 a piece for them new like 8 years ago. Great sound too.

• 9 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 05/10/2019 at 7:45 PM, Stonewall15 said:

Bump. Still looking for TRLP-18.

But I thought it was like this

"There are 2 sessions that were never released on LP: TRLP-8 Pepper Adams/Curtis Fuller and TRLP-18 Jay MigliorMiglior"

so they never got released or have I missed something?

• 1 month later...

Latest information I have obtained on TRLP-8: Three songs initially intended for release on TRLP-8 have been released on the Mosaic Paul Chambers Select 3-CD set (MS-005). They are "Trane's Strain", "High Step" and "Nixon, Dixon and Yates Blues". Still unknown is what other songs were recorded and never released. 

• 1 month later...