The following are available here.

Living the Jazz Life. Conversations with 40 musicians about their careers in jazz. W.R. Stokes. Oxford, 2000. (£20.00) Sale price £3.99

Myself When I am Real. The life and music of Charles Mingus. Gene Santoro. Oxford, 2000. (£17.99) Sale price £5.99

Lost Chords. White Musicians and their Contribution to Jazz, 1915-1945. R.M. Sudhalter. Oxford, paperback, 1999. (£22.50) Sale price £4.99

The Thelonius Monk Reader. Edited Rob van der Bliek. Oxford, 2001. (£22.50) Sale price £5.99

Clifford Brown. The Life and Art of the Legendary Jazz Trumpeter. Nick Catalano. Oxford, 2000. (£17.99) Sale price £4.99

Louis Armstrong in His Own Words. Edited by Thomas Brothers. Oxford, paperback, 2001. (£14.99) Sale price £3.99

Trumpet Blues. The Life of Harry James. P.J. Levinson. Oxford, 1999. (£20.00) Sale price £3.99

Some good stuff there.

Simon Weil

A lot of these titles can be obtained in the U.S. from www.daedalusbooks.com

The Mingus is way overpriced - if you paid more than $.25 for it, you got scammed.

The Monk reader is quite good, although I think there are some things missing.

I'm seriously thinking of compiling a Wayne Shorter reader myself.

Bertrand.

While I don't know what's in the Brown Mosaic booklet, I have read Catalano's book and found it to be a competent bio. I learned a fair bit about Clifford that I hadn't already gleaned from other sources. That said, I have heard that there are some glaring errors/ommissions in the book. In fact I think it was mentioned on the old BB; unfortunately that info can no longer be obtained. :rmad:

Maybe someone else could elaborate a little more about the mistakes that occur.

One anecdote I do recall from the book is a story about how Miles went down to hear Blakey's band rehearsing for the Birdland gig, heard Clifford, and joked that he might have to shoot him (Brownie), he was so good.