How many do you own?

How many Mosaic box sets do you own?  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading this again I thought it was time I counted the boxes. 86 plus the 1 Big John Patton Select. A few CD and LP set duplicates in there for the Rivers and Jones/Lewis. Partiial CD set for the Larry Young but full LP set. And a Master Jazz.. B-)

Edited by sidewinder

Well the Herman arrived today.. that makes 113, plus all the selects.

Holy crap. :o

You are the man.

You guys should realise that I have been buying them since day one.. see my comments in the Mosaic Madness thread... so I never had to catch up on any backlog. All but one, the Nat King Cole, were bought from Mosaic and therefore I never had to pay the excessive prices that some of the OOP command. I have only sold one, The Ammons Lewis vinyl set that I had replaced with the CD when it came out. I had no idea about the price, I put it on Ebbay for less than the list price, after all it was a used copy. It floored me when somebody quite happily paid $300.00 for it.

A local record store had a copy of the Cole and I had a lot of duplicate CDs that I traded in against, or might not hve bought it.. at the time it seemed like an awful lot of NKC for my taste

However I have never bought one just because it was a Mosaic, the ones I don't have I had no interest in, nor did I want the vinyl only sets( Miles).. I bought them on CD. Nor have I bought one with no idea or knowledge of the music it contained.

I'm still amazed at the number of BB members, here and elsewhere, who will buy a Mosaic with no idea of the music within the set.

I doubt that the Freddie Slack select will find it's way into my home.

But just to cap it off.. I also have the Keynote box. :)

but having a big jazz collection doesn't mean a thing. I probably know a lot about jazz history, I can probably tell you what recordings by whichever artist are considered to be the key, or landmark recordings by the jazz "critics"..but I can't tell you if it's "good" jazz or not..nor whether you will like it or not.. that's in the ear of the beholder. What I like, you might hate and vice versa.

Edited by P.D.

35-40 plus all the Select series. I also have just bought the ones I knew I would dig and have bought nothing just because it says Mosaic on it. That said, if I had known about Mosaic before I first heard of them, I would have easily doubled my purchases!!!

Mark

35-40 plus all the Select series.

Holy shit, Mark....I had no idea!

Anyways, I only have 5 sets and the first 6 Selects. But I love them just as much as everyone else. I just wish they didn't cost so much!! :(

Watch for my next order coming to the "my Mosaic order" thread soon!

Edited by sal

I have fifteen Mosaic black boxes, plus four non-Mosaic CD sets (Miles and Clifford Brown) of Mosaic LP sets.

The only OOPs I'm sorry I didn't get are the Art Pepper and the Thad Jones/Mel Lewis.

When my budget allows, my next purchase will probably be the Gerald Wilson.

Of my nineteen sets, I have listened to only four in their entirety.

Of my nineteen sets, I have listened to only four in their entirety.

Weird, yet familiar.

If my memory is good, I've heard NONE of my Mosaic Completes in their entirety. It makes me wonder why I continue to desire more Mosaics? My mind keeps telling me I will get to ALL of them in due time.