"Compost" by Jack DeJohnette (1971)

HWright

Update: I listened to both Compost albums on Spotify and found that while they’re still not really classics I enjoy them more now than 10 years ago. A few weeks later I found the CD’s in a box while looking for something else and listened to them again.  I have now added them on the shelf with my other Jack De Johnette CD’s.

Edited by HWright
Removing reference to months.

19 hours ago, HWright said:

Update: I listened to both Compost albums on Spotify and found that while they’re still not really classics I enjoy them more now than 10 years ago. A few weeks later I found the CD’s in a box while looking for something else and listened to them again.  I have now added them on the shelf with my other Jack De Johnette CD’s.

;)

The Compost albums hold period charm for me - I'm glad to have the CD's.  I like the first Dreams album a LOT, find the second one to be a total waste (available as a twofer on BGO with great remastering).  Have only heard youtube clips of Archie Whitewater, and thought they sounded good there.   Dreams and Compost were both on Columbia, as were Chicago, BST, Ballinjack, etc.