Could this be the fate of the new BNBB?

Ed S

Well don't I feel somewhat embarrassed, having been mentioned in the email complaint and all.

Don't worry about it. You didn't even post anything that bad. I think it's funny... haehaehae, Hey Norah Jones board, welcome to the internet, you wussies. :D

Ed,

You are more than a trouble-making jerk (according to the Norah Shankar-Jones board's moderator), you are a 'viscous' trouble-making jerk!

Bertrand.

Thanks for adding that clarification, bertrand ;)

Well move on over, Ed cause I've been banned too!

Now, of course I was just trying to have a little fun, and post something about the fact that Norah is on a jazz label and a famous one at that, and her music seems tangential, overall, to jazz. But I thought, how to do this? How can I fit in to the young, female population so that I would not set-off the Fascists who run Norah Land?

Well, here's what I posted, I think you will see how I tried to disguise myself a bit:

Hey peeps!

What's up with Norah's label blue note? My step dad says that its a famous jazz label but he doesn't like Norah he says she's not jazz. So I just keep playing the CD everytime he drives me to soccer practice {evil grin}

he played me a jazz song he said was from blue note "sidewinder" or something like that. It was sort of funky and phat but it was soooo long like ten minutes and there was no singing and it sounded really old!

So does anyone care about this jazz record label that was smart enough to sign Norah? Does Norah play jazz?

BTW, my user name was "Norah Norah Norah" perhaps the fact that it was inspired by the movie "Tora! Tora! Tora!" which is surely older than any registered user they've got made them question my "true" identity.

And I thought I was being so clever.

Of course, I completely miss whatever it is that offends them so. Maybe in Norah Land you can't say "he doesn't like Norah" because in Norah Land, everybody loves Norah? Or was it the fact that no one in Norah Land gives a shit about jazz, so anyone who comes in asking a question about jazz, on this day when Organissimo has been mucking things up made me stand out to them. But they don't exactly hesitate or give you a chance, do they? Nope, you are accused, tried, convicted and executed in whatever time it takes them click "Ban". Unbelievable.

And amazingly enough, when you do get banned, it invites you to contact the Administrator for more information, but it seems to "freeze" all the links on the BB page so that you can't find the Administrator's e-mail or anything like that! I guess I've blown it by posting here, I could have waited and e-mailed from work to protest my innocence.

These people scare the hell out of me and I am proud to join Ed in his Hall of Shame :)

http://www.norahjones.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1132

They really do run a tight ship over there...

Amazing... I posted this (was at the link above) in the "What We'd Like Norah To Cover" forum, and it got nuked in less than 15 minutes...

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone here had a list of all the songs Norah has covered already, live in concert?? Seems possible we might see one or two of them on some future "official" release of hers. Thanks in advance!!

-- Rooster Ties

visit http://www.organissimo.org/forum/ for lots of great jazz discussion, and more...

I registered under the name "Rooster_Ties", and the "orgainissimo" bit was in my signature, and I set up an Avatar that was an image of the cover of "Blue Train".

Notice, the content of my message was as pure as the driven snow...

I envy the ability to so keenly discern good from bad and to take subsequent action with complete conviction —and without regret. Good for the “peeps’’ administrators.

Ed, you asked Nora’s favorite color, right? Sure the question seems innocuous, but seemingly harmless questions can lead to trouble for any right-thinking body. Such a question opens the door for wrong-thinking clarification. What’s Nora’s favorite color of shoes, undergarments, feminine products, liquor, cocaine, weapons of mass destruction and Michael Jacksons? Pannora’s box must remain closed.

Sure hope this helps.

Hello all! I've just been lurking on your board and read this entire norahjones.info thread. Who am I? I'm the nj.i site admin.

I would like to set the record straight and address any issues between us.

I don't think we handled this particularly well. Sure, you wanted to have a little fun at our expense, but I've got better things to do with my time than try to identify who's doing what, where from and why. For what it's worth, my opinion is that if the post is innocuous, let it stay. If T's & C's aren't infringed, don't ban. So, I'd like to apologise for our over-reaction. You guys do have opinions and a right to express them. The world would be a poorer place if we all thought the same and liked the same music. Some of your spoof questions (and Q&A "sessions") could introduce our members to other equally GOOD music. I like "real" jazz, myself. Anyone appreciate Barbara Thompson? And I for one would appreciate information on whether SACD or DVDA is the way to go (although I prefer vinyl myself).

I am going to un-ban people who have not actually violated our T's & C's and restore their threads. WE know (at least some of them) are spoof. You know we know. I hope you will find our boards useful to air your knowledge with us - and ours with you. We may all learn something. I discovered that the BNBB had closed down. I wasn't aware of that - and I used to post on there. It just goes to show how wrapped up in ourselves we can become. Of course, it's easier to ban, than to un-ban, so if I don't get it right, just let me know!

On the other hand, we ask you to honor our T's & C's, as we would expect to honor yours. We DO maintain a family-friendly atmosphere. It may not be cool by your standards to do so, but that is our choice. Please respect it as we respect yours.

Thanks for listening!

Rob

Edited by Neon

Guest Chaney

...I am going to un-ban people who have not actually violated our T's & C's and restore their threads....

Rob

Hi Rob,

Before returning to your board, I've been authorized by my colleagues to make certain demands.

1. b3-er, the co-owner and co-moderator of this board, will assume co-leadership of your board. You, because of your transgressions, will report directly to b3-er before any future bannings are to occur. In the future, you will be referred to as 'Number 2'. Heh heh heh...

2. You offer a public apology to Ed Swinnich. We feel that radio spots and full page ads in both The New York Times and the Orchard Park Bee will suffice.

3. Norah will offer a welcoming post on your board to all members of organissimo.

4. We are allowed to 'say' organissimo on your board as it's really not a dirty word.

5. We each receive five (5) copies of Norah's first session disc... which we will immediately sell on eBay to fund our other musical habits.

6. All current members of your board are to worship us as Gods.

Other demands will be made known as the situation may warrant.

Well, I'm back on the Norah Jones board as IgottaNorahjones and so is my thread. :party::party::party:

Let me warn you all if you check it out. It's pretty viscious. And if any one of you try to mess with me in the future, there's more where that came from. And I'm not afraid to bring it right back here to my own backyard, get it? :wacko:;)

Edited by Ed Swinnich

Well, I see that I have been 'restored' however I do not see my original thread being restored which I do not feel in anyway violated the spirit or letter of Norah Land's policies. :(

What??? You expect them to be honest??? :rolleyes:

FYI, last night I posted a half-a-dozen times to the Norah 'bored', and they were all the most bland, boring, non-offensive posts that this self-acclaimed "real elitist (psuedo-intellectual) trouble maker" could muster...

Subject: What other bands do you like?

[*]As far as relatively recent pop music goes, here are a few bands/artists that I like quite a bit: Radiohead, Ben Folds (Five), Bjork, Tori Amos, Cibo Matto, Matthew Sweet

Subject: American Idol

[*]Go Ruben!!!

Subject: SONG LINK GAME

[*]"After the Rain" - John Coltrane

Subject: The Simpsons Quotes!!

[*]Mmmmmmmm..... Floor Pie!!!  -Homer

Subject: A Cole Porter suggestion - "Night And Day"

[*]Not the most radical suggestion, I'll be the first to admit, but I would sincerely like to hear Norah cover "Night And Day', by the one and only Cole Porter.  In fact, at some point I think it would be great to hear Norah do an "American Songbook" type album, with tunes by the likes of Gershwin, Porter, Jerome Kern, etc...  I think her laid-back vocal style would go quite nicely with great songs from the 30's and 40's, and this might expose an entire (new) generation to an era of music they might otherwise not know.  Humbly yours, Rooster Ties

Subject: Wondering what songs Norah has covered already (live)???

[*]Greetings, I was wondering if anyone here had a list of all the songs Norah has covered already, live in concert?? Seems possible we might see one or two of them on some future "official" release of hers. Thanks in advance!! -- Rooster Ties

I figured that I'd just keep posting stuff like this, until I got banned (or to see if my posts kept getting deleted), or until their board-mod backed off from considering us the evil, vile vermin that he cast us to be in his original e-mail to b3-er.

Geez, how crazy was that??? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Hey Neon!!! - Collectively, how much 'trouble' did we really cause??? Judging from the examples I've seen here, and the few posts I found from our guys over on your board, I think our 'little fun' at your board's expense was pretty damn harmless. No vulgarity, minimal Norah bashing (and when done so, it was couched in incredibly subtle ways). And for that, (initially) it appears you feared the absolute worst. :rolleyes:

Well, I see that I have been 'restored' however I do not see my original thread being restored which I do not feel in anyway violated the spirit or letter of Norah Land's policies.   :(

:(

Who - or what - am I looking for?

The one about Blue Note Records and whether Norah plays jazz. It was in the main forum.