Could this be the fate of the new BNBB?

Ed S

I understand that she is Ravi Shankar's daughter.

Tod, you don't know what you're talking about.

Norah Jones is the daughter of Phil and Erma Jones of Hempstead, Long Island.

Phil is a plumber set to soon retire. Jean is a homemaker, and proud of it.

They have three other children: Phil Jr. age 26; Darlene age 20; and Ella age 16.

You're probably confused as their next door neighbor is Wally Shankar, podiatrist.

Please stop spreading disinformation ya elitist scum or I'll have you banned.

:g:g:g:g

Gentlemen, the way forward is clear.

(1) join the norah board

(2) lavish praise on norah with tongue firmly in cheek (they can't ban irony, can they? uhhh, could be, they benned EVRYTHING over at the BNBB...)

(3) utilise the convenient private message system to make new friends among all those bored young housewives...

This does sound like a good idea.

I can't believe they through me out - after just one post.  I guess they can't take a joke over there.   :winky:

Hard core Christian Fundamentalists on flame with lite pop music, empowered with rights to censor. Watch out.

And no, they can't take a joke. Too *#$%*?! stupid and unable to think for themselves.

dB

Ok,

Well since there ia at least one anti-Christian over here. I'd like to address him first & simply. (7/4) Yes, there are in fact a few Christian on the Mod team, I'm one of them. & yes we do see things different than many people, because we don't believe in supporting anarchist attitudes. The reason bulletin boards get shut down, is real simple. Nobody wants to deal with inconsiderate trouble makers, who set them up for liabilty on their message boards. Suggestion: Internet Child Protection act.. Go look that up. It's amazing how fast one's view on free speech/freedom gets twisted when it comes to letting Christians excersize their beliefs. That's cool though man. If you want to be that way, you'll eventually pay the price for being a biggot.

As for the rest of you. I'm not going to worry about it, because what comes around goes around eventually. If you choose to keep dishing it, you will eventually get your due. I work in the music business, & also in IT, so I take names down all the time. Someone made a statement that a user complained to Norah's management about us. That may or may not be true, but if it is, we've heard nothing of it from them, except for praise. I talk to them almost weekly. I don't admin on NJ.info for my own benefit, nor am I elitist enough to think that there won't be any young & immature posts on our message board. It confuses me that any adult would expect to go to a message board & not find any thoughtless banter. That's what young fans do.

Ed Swinnich, I wasn't implying that you were some kind of threat to children, just because you were in the same letter. I just think you have been acting like an ignorant trouble maker. Maybe at some point you can change my view. For now, I took great pleasure in banning all of you who came to cause trouble. If you would like to talk face to face about that at some point, that's cool. I'm not one to hide behind a computer, unlike others I've observed. I'm thinking that on one of the many music related web sites I'm involved in, I may even do a nice article on the front page, about how organissimo.org is a Haven for anti-Christian biggots, & adults who have no regard for internet edict.

Let me tell you all a little story. Once upon a time there was an artist who won 8 Grammy's, which is an industry award (for those who "may" not have done their homework). See, that means that the INDUSTRY likes Norah. So, for those of you who are aspiring to be in the industry, you wouldn't want me pasting all over the internet that you are not only condescending towards Norah & others, but you are viscious about it. See, I have free speech too. I also have access to a whole lot of hits on the internet (over 5,000,000 per year in fact.) I've already started taking quotes down from each of you. My stories will contain nothing but the facts. You wanna make enemies in the music business? That's your call.. All I can tell you is that the choice is in your hands. You are at the proverbial crossroad. I'm a forgiving guy, but not a doormat..

If you'd like to put this behind both sites, come over & show common respect to people. It's not that we don't want you there, it's that you are a guest, & when you go into someone elses site, you follow their rules. If not, then I guess we can't be friends. ~Dan

Edited by Musicboy

Ok,

Well since there ia at least one anti-Christian over here. I'd like to address him first & simply. (7/4) Yes, there are in fact a few Christian on the Mod team, I'm one of them. & yes we do see things different than many people, because we don't believe in supporting anarchist attitudes. The reason bulletin boards get shut down, is real simple. Nobody wants to deal with inconsiderate trouble makers, who set them up for liabilty on their message boards. Suggestion: Internet Child Protection act.. Go look that up. It's amazing how fast one's view on free speech/freedom gets twisted when it comes to letting Christians excersize their beliefs. That's cool though man. If you want to be that way, you'll eventually pay the price for being a biggot.

Biggot?

There's good Christians and bad ones. Evil are those who feel they have to censor the internet as if they're "liberating" Iraq. :rolleyes:

Ok,

As for the rest of you. I'm not going to worry about it, because what comes around goes around eventually. If you choose to keep dishing it, you will eventually get your due. I work in the music business, & also in IT, so I take names down all the time. Someone made a statement that a user complained to Norah's management about us. That may or may not be true, but if it is, we've heard nothing of it from them, except for praise. I talk to them almost weekly. I don't admin on NJ.info for my own benefit, nor am I elitist enough to think that there won't be any young & immature posts on our message board. It confuses me that any adult would expect to go to a message board & not find any thoughtless banter. That's what young fans do.

Ed Swinnich, I wasn't implying that you were some kind of threat to children, just because you were in the same letter. I just think you have been acting like an ignorant trouble maker. Maybe at some point you can change my view. For now, I took great pleasure in banning all of you who came to cause trouble. If you would like to talk face to face about that at some point, that's cool. I'm not one to hide behind a computer, unlike others I've observed. I'm thinking that on one of the many music related web sites I'm involved in, I may even do a nice article on the front page, about how organissimo.org is a Haven for anti-Christian biggots, & adults who have no regard for internet edict.

Let me tell you all a little story. Once upon a time there was an artist who won 8 Grammy's, which is an industry award (for those who "may" not have done their homework). See, that means that the INDUSTRY likes Norah. So, for those of you who are aspiring to be in the industry, you wouldn't want me pasting all over the internet that you are not only condescending towards Norah & others, but you are viscious about it. See, I have free speech too. I also have access to a whole lot of hits on the internet (over 5,000,000 per year in fact.) I've already started taking quotes down from each of you. My stories will contain nothing but the facts. You wanna make enemies in the music business? That's your call.. All I can tell you is that the choice is in your hands. You are at the proverbial crossroad. I'm a forgiving guy, but not a doormat..

If you'd like to put this behind both sites, come over & show common respect to people. It's not that we don't want you there, it's that you are a guest, & when you go into someone elses site, you follow their rules. If not, then I guess we can't be friends. ~Dan

I had NO idea that John Ashcroft was such a Norah fan!

P.S. : Hey "musicboy" - you're taking names? Here's mine - Jim Sangrey. J-I-M S-A-N-G-R-E-Y. I am a Christian, and I DO like Norah. But frankly, based on this response of yours, I think that you're a little twirp of an industry wannabe of the ilk that's at least partially responsible for the music industry being as fucked up as it is today. You do no favors to music, Norah, OR Christianity by taking this bullshit attitude of yours. Spare me the "martyr" trip - let's see what artist you're all gung-ho about in 10, no, 5 years. I'll betcha it won't be Norah - she'll still be around and doing well, but she won't be HOT, and people like you like to be where the action is, the latest, the greatest, the HOTTEST. Would you be this feverish about Norah if she was as popular right now as, say, Rickie Lee Jones?

Make enemies in the music business? Hell, I've made enemies AND friends, lots of each, and I've done it just by being me, not by hitching my wagon to a "new star" and running a Brownshirt Bulletin Board. The kind of music I make (and, gasp, actually SELL every so often) is totally irrelevant to people like you. But that's ok - you're totally irrelevant to me too.

Oh yeah, just how big does one's got have to be before one becomes a "biggot". And surely it is a most revealing Freudian slip that you confuse "ettiquette" with "edict"....Yeah, I'm loser enough to mock spelling errors. What a SAD case I am - a mere musician and not an industry "insider" :rolleyes: who takes notes and issues threats under the guise of my religion. Hopeless, I am, absolutely hopeless.

I wannabe like YOU when I grow up!

Never have we (collectively) been accused of so much, and done so little to deserve it. This is hilarious!!!!! :lol::lol:

Hey, Musicboy, care to defend why my first posting to your Norah board was deleted??? Here's a link (your other board, who calls himself Neon here, restored it later, see above). Here's that link:

http://www.norahjones.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1132

Seem like I posted a reasonably valid post that was in no way offensive, or anti-Norah.

Seems also like I was censored simply because I was also a board member over here at Organissimo. I think you see evil behind every door, unless and until proven otherwise. Neon, your other Norah Board mod had actually gone a long way to cooling things off, but you and your accusitory language just heats it all back up again.

Was I being an "ignorant trouble maker" when my first post on your board got nuked?? Sheesh.... :blink::wacko::wacko:

Someone made a statement that a user complained to Norah's management about us. That may or may not be true, but if it is, we've heard nothing of it from them, except for praise. I talk to them almost weekly.

Yeah.....sure! That's why there was suddenly a "Policy (rev.5-14-03)" revision and an entire forum was deleted.

What ever....

hey why not leave the girl alone. she seems a fragile sort, and could develop into something really important for BN and EMI.

We are the beneficiaries of her success, as well.

Chuck, I'll agree with you about everything except the "fragile" part. Naorah's a Texas woman, the product of a single-parent household who took off to NYC with no real leads. I know women like this, especially TEXAS women, and they might LOOK fragile, and they might ACT fragile, but believe me, man, they're tough as nails, the very definition of "steel magnolias" (hate the term, but love the character trait).

What Jsngrey said.

"Musicboy" you are just stirring up a hornet's nest with your crap.

I sincerely suggest that you tone it down. You can be the most active brownshirted banning moderator in the world, but you know how many access points there are to the Web? You know how much trouble could be made? You can keep banning but we can muck things up an awful lot.

So check yo'self befo' you wreck yo'self.

Let’s see if I understand the gross equation properly.

Member X posts on a website forum. The website’s administrator believes member X has violated the rules and deletes any posts and suspends the membership. Member X returns to his native stomping grounds to find a website mod has followed him home and slinging mud.

Have I missed the mark?

Edited by kartoffel·hadi blues

I'm thinking that on one of the many music related web sites I'm involved in, I may even do a nice article on the front page, about how organissimo.org is a Haven for anti-Christian biggots, & adults who have no regard for internet edict.

Dear Musicboy,

If you have read the entirety of this thread, you will have noticed that B-3er, randissimo, and myself, Joe G, who are the members of the band Organissimo, have neither posted on the Norah site, nor posted any anti-Christian remarks. Ever. This forum was set up by B-3er when the BNBB was shut down, and so most of the members are not, strickly speaking, Organissimo fans, unless after the fact. They are "refugees" from the defunct Blue Note BB. You will also notice that the board is divided into two sections ("the band" and the rest) which also reflects this reality.

The forum is a haven for all views, and there are professed Christians that post regularly in addition to the non Christians.

If you would spend some time reading some of the other threads, you would find pretty much the same thing as you do everywhere on the net, sentiments both high and low. Please try to understand the totality of the situation before jumping to conclusions. It is certainly not our intention to make enemies in the music business. If you are truly considering making good on your threat to slander the Organissimo forum, and by extension the band and our music, you are in danger of commiting the same type of heedless and vindictive act that you accuse our members of, and as you say, what comes around goes around.

Joe Gloss

Edit: I don't want my first paragraph to sound as if I'm leaving the organissimo forum members out to hang. I have great respect for the contibutions of everyone across the board, and fully endorse Jim Sangrey's response in this thread, for instance. I was just trying to establish the fact that this discussion forum has little or nothing to do with the work that organissimo the band does in the realm of music, as it seemed to be your intention, Dan, to equate the two.

Edited by Joe G

Hey musicboy

I think that if you read through the entire thread, you'd see that the perpetrators of the wanton acts of "troublemaking", including me, have pretty much said that they're going to lay off.

In spite of this, hypocrite, you have chosen once again to use my name in an uncomplimentary and I might say vindictive manner. You're a "forgiving guy" yet you have chosen to continue to bash me after I have said that I will cease and desist. Continue to carry on in this manner and see what consequences are garnered from your attacks on my character, dude. Like you said, what goes around comes around so I'm not going to worry about it either.

I'm glad to see your "christian values" in practice as you threaten to defame the characters of this board and its board members, again in spite of the fact that we have pretty much collectively backed off, by publishing artices on the front pages of your vast internet empire.

"If you'd like to put this behind both sites, come over & show common respect to people" Those are your words, hypocrite. I found them among your threats, continued defamations of my character, your exercising of your free speech and putting your "christian values" into practice. Interesting how my post contained nothing of controversy as far as subject matter and is actually quite innocous. Yet you - in the spirit of exercising your free speech and "christian values" have chosen to label me as viscious, and ignorant.

First,

Thanks Jim.. Got it. No more time for you guys now.

I'll leave you with this: Bluenote/EMI

http://emicmg.com/ This is the new Christian Music Group about to open at EMI

Blue Note/EMI

Numerous Christian Labels/EMI

Hmm.. It seems to me that that makes them related in way doesn't it?

Kind of like a family huh? Families (at least normal ones) watch out for each other, & do whatever they can to be at peace with each other. They'll be on over to see some anti-Christian posts. They can decide for themselves if there are actually any real Bluenote fans here.

Yeah 'Neon' is a nice guy. Always gives people the benefit of the doubt. Too bad some people take advantage.

Oh & Jim.. Christians try to avoid using four letter (swear) words. Even non-Christians know this. I'm sorry you missed that in church bro.

Are you known in "the business" as Musicboy?

Actually I am. They gave me the nick. Who are you know as in the music business??

I'm known in many circles as Gandhi.

In certain others, I am called..., Jethro Bodine, Uncle Miltie, Yanni Jr., Carmine, "The Artist Formerly Known As Bill", Agnes Moorehead, Shecky Greene, Roc Armani, Rollo, Suge Afternoon, Senor Pantalones Grande,

Rosebud, Frankie "Five Angels", AssMAN (not boy), Judge Judy, Antoine Merriweather, Phil "The Peddler", and some just call me Tim.

To be honest, you can call me just about anything, except late for dinner.

I'm thinking that on one of the many music related web sites I'm involved in, I may even do a nice article on the front page, about how organissimo.org is a Haven for anti-Christian biggots, & adults who have no regard for internet edict.

If you are truly considering making good on your threat to slander the Organissimo forum, and by extension the band and our music, you are in danger of commiting the same type of heedless and vindictive act that you accuse our members of, and as you say, what comes around goes around.

Joe Gloss

Hey Joe,

I feel bad for you actually.. See we don't have any of these type on our boards, because we do in fact ban them. I've been in this business a long time, & I can promise you that this isn't the type of press you want. You said I would be slandering? Well what if the article consisted of actual quotes from your message board members? How is that slander? Wouldn't it just be truth to say that we found these here?

Like if I said: Hey, you know that really nice artist that nearly everyone in the industry loves? Check out what the members over at the organissimo site have to say about her? How is that slandering? I'm confused about this.. I'm afraid you are mis-enterpreting the law here. That would be free speech.

Look bro. I asked politely that you only delete the posts that involved people clearly conspiring to come over to our boards & be complete trouble makers. That was too much to ask, so now I'm going to excersize my free speech. Whether you realize it or not YOU ARE somewhat responsible for the things that go on in this message board.

If you have an entertainment attorney, just go ask him.

If these guys wanna come over to our board, & do this stuff, & you don't even want to discourage it, well guess what? People are going to have a different opinion of the band than what you would like. I would be very glad to bury the hatchet over this, but for now, until people here give us some respect, I'll be looking for anything here that violates the Child internet protection act. You really should go read it. It includes foul language without having a warning for minors under 18. I think you might want to add that warning since you have a guy named Jim who uses explicit language.

I bet you have a great band, I bet you guys in the band are even great guys. However you've created a hornets nest here, & you ain't spraying it down! So, the ball is your court. If people here stay away from flaming our boards, I'll stay away from exposing this website forum to the media for what it is. A haven for hate mongers.. (I do NOT include all of your members in this statement.) Thanks for at least addressing the issue Joe.

If you would like to talk face to face about that at some point, that's cool. I'm not one to hide behind a computer, unlike others I've observed.

Meet me at the corner of Bigot St., and Cry Baby Avenue.boxer.gif

I'll be the one wearing the "urban sombrero."

Oh..., and bring a sense of humor.devil_taunt.gif

Edited by catesta

Oh & Jim.. Christians try to avoid using four letter (swear) words. Even non-Christians know this. I'm sorry you missed that in church bro.

All the Bible requires is that we not take the Lord's name in vain. That leaves PLENTY of other options for "righteous indignation", (or "righteous indigestion", which is what I had Saturday night...) allowing that they are in the proper forum amongst the proper people. This is the forum, and these are the people, as decreed and evidenced by the practice and policies of THIS cyber-brother/sister-hood. Sorry you missed THAT, "bro". You're not exactly operating at the level of either effectiveness OR justification of Christ throwing the money changers out of the Temple here, my friend. A TAD less pomposity might behoove you, ties, real, percieved, or fantasized, to the new EMI Christian label notwithstanding. (OH the fun I could have with THAT one...)

Where the "heck" is Alexander right about now? For once, I think he won't have an enemy in the house! :D :D :D

I think you might want to add that warning since you have a guy named Jim who uses explicit language.

Here's the most explicit thing I've said yet -

You, sir, are a buffoon, unquestionably, and without even the tiniest bit of allowable doubt.

(Gee, I didn't even curse!)

Hey Joe,

I feel bad for you actually.. See we don't have any of these type on our boards, because we do in fact ban them. I've been in this business a long time, & I can promise you that this isn't the type of press you want.  You said I would be slandering? Well what if the article consisted of actual quotes from your message board members? How is that slander? Wouldn't it just be truth to say that we found these here?

Like if I said: Hey, you know that really nice artist that nearly everyone in the industry loves? Check out what the members over at the organissimo site have to say about her? How is that slandering? I'm confused about this.. I'm afraid you are mis-enterpreting the law here. That would be free speech.

Look bro. I asked politely that you only delete the posts that involved people clearly conspiring to come over to our boards & be complete trouble makers. That was too much to ask, so now I'm going to excersize my free speech.  Whether you realize it or not YOU ARE somewhat responsible for the things that go on in this message board.

If you have an entertainment attorney, just go ask him.

If these guys wanna come over to our board, & do this stuff, & you don't even want to discourage it, well guess what? People are going to have a different opinion of the band than what you would like. I would be very glad to bury the hatchet over this, but for now, until  people here give us some respect, I'll be looking for anything here that violates the Child internet protection act. You really should go read it. It includes foul language without having a warning for minors under 18. I think you might want to add that warning since you have a guy named Jim who uses explicit language.

I bet you have a great band, I bet you guys in the band are even great guys. However you've created a hornets nest here, & you ain't spraying it down! So, the ball is your court. If people here stay away from flaming our boards, I'll stay away from exposing this website forum to the media for what it is. A haven for hate mongers.. (I do NOT include all of your members in this statement.)  Thanks for at least addressing the issue Joe.

Threats, threats and more threats. Is that how your brand of christian operates? Read the thread idiot. Those who perpetrated these viscious acts have said they are going to stop. Now you have gone beyond threats and have said you are going to continue this on a grander scale unless your "request" for censorship is obeyed? Seems like you have now begun to use intimidation. extortion and racketerring techniques to get your way.

You have no morals. You are vindictive. You appear to be a power monger using christian values as a backdrop for your actions. You appear to be a hateful individual.

Except for your continued lashing out, can't you see that this would have already ended?

You are a hypocrite of the highest order. You profess forgiveness and say you don't use 4 letter words. Then you slander, threaten and intimidate even though the incident is long since over. Hypocrite

Edited by Ed Swinnich

If you would like to talk face to face about that at some point, that's cool. I'm not one to hide behind a computer, unlike others I've observed.

Meet me at the corner of Bigot St., and Cry Baby Avenue.boxer.gif

I'll be the one wearing the "urban sombrero."

Oh..., and bring a sense of humor.devil_taunt.gif

Catesta,

This was actually pretty funny. I have a great sense of humor actually.

I just don't think that what "some" people are doing here is funny.

It's not even that we don't allow dissenting opinions on NJI we do. It's rather that most people with desenting opinions can't express them without being nasty.

Example: "I don't think Norah's record is very good, there's not enough good material on it." Fine, that's a fair opinion.

"I think Norah Jones sucks, & should be back waiting tables."

Ya know what? That's a nasty, purpously hurtful way to stay your opinion. It's never going to be tolerated on our site. If you guys can't accept that, then just stay away.