Pre-Bop Trumpet Player Poll

Christiern

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I went with Bix too. I really enjoy his playing. I still need to get that Mosaic set. I've been digging the Tram series on The Old Masters. I really need to hear more of this stuff.

There are some great trumpeters on this list. I feel guilty not getting to pick them too.

It's great that we're starting to talk about some earlier jazz. I don't know as much about it as some of you, but I get a great deal of pleasure listening to it.

Tough choice! But no voting as I know nothing (yet) of Berigan and Spanier, and not much by others listed.

The Buck Clayton Mosaic gave me many hours of listening pleasure, Roy's great anyway, this I happen to know (or think I do...) - BRING US THE COMPLETE VERVE ROY ELDRIDGE MOSAIC soon please!

Bubber Miley would be another favorite. Bix I know so far only from the two ooold Legacy CDs, so some pleasing experience waiting for me when I'll finally get the Mosaic!

ubu

I voted for Roy but there are many worthwhile candidates there. Buck is tremendous. And, unfortunately, I don't know everybody on the list and I probably should have voted for Bix, he was so influential, but there it is.