Miles Davis - Star People Japan Mini LP

Claude

Star People is one of my favourite Miles Davis post-comeback albums.

The CD I have (late 80's, made in Holland) sounds horrible. I've seen a japanese mini-LP reissue from 1998 (Sony SRCS-9135, apparently the latest reissue, no DSD remaster available) for a reasonable price, but I don't have the possibility to listen to it.

Does anyone have this reissue and can comment on the sound? Is it worth upgrading, or is the recording really that bad?

I have the Japanese DSD remaster of this cd (SRCS 9765), but it's not a mini-lp.

Either way, the updated sound is terrific IMO. The bass and drum licks come through so clearly to the point where I feel like I am listening to a hiphop album. I personally think this is the best remaster I've heard of Miles Davis and you should try to acquire it. I got mine for $15 Canadian luckily.

Edited by undergroundagent

I have the SRCS-9135 and it sounds good enough to me, even though there are some distortions audible.

As for upgrading, my experience tells me that those who find the previous issues wanting tend to get disappointed more with the supposed upgrades as well. But if what you have is truly horrible and you love the music, I can't see any reason not to upgrade.