Serena Williams vs The World

1 hour ago, Larry Kart said:

Of course it is, but that doesn't mean (see Kevin Drum's blog post above) that the original Serena-U.S. Open incident had a racist basis or a sexist one either.

the incident seemed more engineered to bring someone on top down a few notches. However, I do think that there is an implicit bias toward a successful black woman staying in the position she was/is in. 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For life in general, as long as there are the various -isms in place, there will always be ways to deflect from bad behavior. That's a shame, but totally understandable.

But if you want to avoid that, take care of dealing with and eradicating all the -isms, then we can cut to the chase and have it be fair and inarguable.

I hate when we give people legitimate grounds for bad excuses.

• 1 year later...

Serena's still looking for the one last Grand Slam. Of the four players from last night, Williams looked the weakest. The Osaka vs. Brady match was a very entertaining  match, I can't believe how much Brady has improved her game. Osaka vs. Azarenka will be close, but I think Osaka has too much power for Vika.