Is it over? We'll see...

Musicboy

I can't really get into this because I'm stilll working in West Viriginia, but two quick thoughts with a prefix: These are my thoughts and not necessarily the thoughts of my fellow band members.

1) This forum completely embraces the concept of free speech. I am not going to censor anyone unless they start posting lewd pictures or verbally threatening someone.

2) I would rather play in my living room for the rest of my life for and with myself than bow down to some pissant "industry insider" threatening me and my career. To the very idea that you can somehow keep me from making a living in the music industry I say, very heartily... Fuck You. I play what I want to play, I say what I want to say. I have never attacked you or your board nor have any members of my band. The posters from this board who posted on your board did not post anything inflammatory or lewd.

As to your self-righteous Christian indignation, you are the worst example of a Christian I've ever had the displeasure of running across.

This board has a little over 240 members. 240 people out of the over 5 billion that live on this planet. 240 out of the millions upon millions that buy CDs. I'm sure these industry "bigwigs" you know really care what happens here.

I would rather play in my living room for the rest of my life for and with myself than bow down to some pissant "industry insider" threatening me and my career. To the very idea that you can somehow keep me from making a living in the music industry I say, very heartily... Fuck You.

Dude... I...I...I....

I think I love you, man!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I wish I had saved my post.... ;) It was quite a doozy. Anyway, I guess Jim Dye has said it all.

Anyway, I wish MusicBoy would try to hijack this board. Little does he know we thrive on that kind of shit. I think he'd be in for a big surprise. After all, he might even become a regular poster after we convert him to the "free speach" thing.

So Music Boy, welcome aboard. I think we can show you a good time around here. :o

Guest Mnytime

As I said before, free speech wasn't intended to be used as a way to attack others. Don't make me use mine to counter or defend our site. I'll be watching to see how people treat us in the future. So will others.

Not sure I know what this thread is about.

Having said that, the last I heard and there are way too many Supreme Court rulings to name but that is the whole reason behind Free Speech. Just as long as it is not libelous or slanderous.

I just hope this person doesn't suddenly get the urge to become a teacher of some sort. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mnytime

I just hope this person [Musicboy] doesn't suddenly get the urge to become a teacher of some sort. :rolleyes:

Careful what you say!! That could easily be seen as being 'hate speach', since you're clearly being critical of someone, especially of someone who's a Christian, no less. Better post a retraction, and quick - before the thought police show up at your door. :o

Careful what you say!! That could easily be seen as being 'hate speach', since you're clearly being critical of someone, especially of someone who's a Christian, no less. Better post a retraction, and quick - before the thought police show up at your door. :o

Don't forget, the music boy is busy "recording" these threads, tracking down IP addresses and emails. As soon as he gets enough evidence it's off to the Department of Justice. :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

I can't really get into this because I'm stilll working in West Viriginia, but two quick thoughts with a prefix: These are my thoughts and not necessarily the thoughts of my fellow band members.

1) This forum completely embraces the concept of free speech. I am not going to censor anyone unless they start posting lewd pictures or verbally threatening someone.

2) I would rather play in my living room for the rest of my life for and with myself than bow down to some pissant "industry insider" threatening me and my career. To the very idea that you can somehow keep me from making a living in the music industry I say, very heartily... Fuck You. I play what I want to play, I say what I want to say. I have never attacked you or your board nor have any members of my band. The posters from this board who posted on your board did not post anything inflammatory or lewd.

As to your self-righteous Christian indignation, you are the worst example of a Christian I've ever had the displeasure of running across.

This board has a little over 240 members. 240 people out of the over 5 billion that live on this planet. 240 out of the millions upon millions that buy CDs. I'm sure these industry "bigwigs" you know really care what happens here.

This is the kind of courage and humanity which makes this board the wonderful place it is. B-3er...you are a blood brother!

You cannot hold human beings hostages with these kinds of threats; and you cannot chain and direct human creativity into corporate-directed channels. The nobility and integrity of our BB leader sets a powerful contrast to the pussalinimity and fecklessness of Musicboy, who is a supposed leader of his board. What a bully!

I am proud to be a member of this board and communicate with you all.

To Musicboy: UP YOURS!!! :angry:

FUCK OFF MUSICBOY!

Now technically, I haven't personally said this (I'm only quoting it, and there's a difference)....

But, I must say that I simply love the sound of Jim's most noble and profound statement, as quoted above.

It rolls off the tongue like nobody's business, and if was back in college with roommates, I'm quite sure that "Fuck Off, Musicboy!!!" would very quickly become my all-purpose rally-cry!! :g

( Alas, since I’m now married, I’m not sure it would have the same desired effect around the house. ;) )

Right on Jimbo! The guy is a punk!