PRINCE 2004 USA TOUR

Guest ariceffron

Guest ariceffron

I NOW KNOW WHAT IT FELT LIKE TO SEE JAMES BROWN IN 66, OR SLY IN 72. SOME OF HIS SONGS EVEN HAD A REAL HEAVY MILES VIBE TO THEM, ONE OF THEM EVEN WAS REMINICENT OF WEATHER REPORT. PRINCES BAND IS THE FUNKIEST BAND BY FAR TOURING THE STATES AS OF NOW. I KNOW YOU GUYS ON HERE ARE ALL UPTIGHT ABOUT YOUR JAZZ AND MIGHT NOT DIG ON PRINCE, BUT I AM TELLING YOU IT WAS MUSICALLY ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS IVE SEEN. HIS BAND WAS SPON ON TIGHT. MACEO WAS THERE, SO WAS CANDY.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to "Controversy" which segues into "Love Bizarre" from the San Jose Show right now.... :party::wub:

Did I mention that King Ubu totally rocks? :)

king ubu now catches some sleep (it's 3 a.m. here now...), after downloading (and partially listening and enjoying) tons of those Prince files... They even added another one, which is barely two weeks old! I wonder how long this site will be working...

Rachel: you have the all-time cutest avatar!

ubu

Listening to "Controversy"  which segues into "Love Bizarre"  from the San Jose Show right now....  :party:  :wub:

Did I mention that King Ubu totally rocks?    :)

king ubu now catches some sleep (it's 3 a.m. here now...), after downloading (and partially listening and enjoying) tons of those Prince files... They even added another one, which is barely two weeks old! I wonder how long this site will be working...

Rachel: you have the all-time cutest avatar!

ubu

Thank you very much! I think the Avatar Jennifer is pretty darn cute myself. I think Zora and Jennifer make a pair of cuties! (can you imagine how cute Zora will be at age 4 when she's already so kissable now!)

As far as how long that site is up, I've wondered the same thing which is why I'm burning up my cable modem as we speak....(broadband totally rocks, too...)

Guest ariceffron

dude its because prince got so popular and is so weird. i myself didnt fully realize what was up w/ it all until i really started getting into his music and 80s music in general. i guess some people might associate prince w/ the likes of m. jackson et al, but jackson WISHES he could have the talent of someone like prince. he truly is one of a kind-- i FINALLY realize now why miles called him the duke ellington of the 1980s.

Guest ariceffron

BETWEEN DINNER TIME AND MIDNIGHT LAST NIGHT I MADE A FUCKING 10 CD PRINCE MUSICOLOGY 2004 WEST COAST TOUR BOX SET. I EVEN TOOK THE LIBERTY TO MAKE A PRINCE-RELATED COVER FOR THE BOX. IT IS THE FUNKIEST BOX IVE GOT SINCE THE STAX BOX FOR SURE! ALL THANKS TO KING UBU WHOEVER THE HELL YOU ARE!!!@?!!

BETWEEN DINNER TIME AND MIDNIGHT LAST NIGHT I MADE A FUCKING 10 CD PRINCE MUSICOLOGY 2004 WEST COAST TOUR BOX SET. I EVEN TOOK THE LIBERTY TO MAKE A PRINCE-RELATED COVER FOR THE BOX. IT IS THE FUNKIEST BOX IVE GOT SINCE THE STAX BOX FOR SURE! ALL THANKS TO KING UBU WHOEVER THE HELL YOU ARE!!!@?!!

Swiss history student, ardent admirer of dada, surrealism, Duchamp etc, thus logically of Alfred Jarry, as well, there comes my handle... then a self-declared jazz addict (ask my girlfriend, she'd say my declaration is spot-on - and no, she doesn't like it...)

now back to some serious funky stuff B-)