BFT #16 Answers

Dan Gould

Is the theme based on the players or the songs? The players, right?

I'm almost able to make a Kenny Burrell connection to each cut, but not quite. same with Jimmy smith & Stanley Turrentine.

Players, tunes, composers .... as I said, just tweak Mike Weil's theme.

Cancel that - Plas appears on MONTARA.

So a connection to Blue Note can be made to at least one player or composition on every cut.

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!! :party:

OR, to put it in the exact words in which I conceived it,

"One Degree of Blue Note" B-)

Cool theme, yes? Think I'll go and edit my original post and emphasize the connecting elements ...

Congrats to Mike Weil for pointing in the right direction and Jim Sangrey for bringing it home! :tup

That Plas connection is devious!

When I originally conceived the BFT as a single disc plus bonus, it was because I planned to put the Plas tune on the bonus disc. When I realized that Plas still fit the theme, that was when I decided to make it a two disc-single theme BFT!

Well, RDK must be kicking himself right about now, as he wondered aloud if it might be Sir Charles, then decided it wasn't. :g

Hey! I don't care what you say - I'm countin' it! :lol:

Along with at least typing "Gene Harris" for track D2-1, I'll consider myself 2-for-21 and much better educated than I was before BFT 16. :g

Cancel that - Plas appears on MONTARA.

So a connection to Blue Note can be made to at least one player or composition on every cut.

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!! :party:

OR, to put it in the exact words in which I conceived it,

"One Degree of Blue Note" B-)

Cool theme, yes? Think I'll go and edit my original post and emphasize the connecting elements ...

Congrats to Mike Weil for pointing in the right direction and Jim Sangrey for bringing it home! :tup

So teamwork strikes again!

Cool idea!

The only disappointement after reading the answers was the Les McCann track - too superficial for my taste. Otherwise, all soild or great music. Thanks! :tup