The NFL Season

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raider fan with low hopes here.

Ditto.

Off to a crappy start in Pittsburgh.

Steeler fan here, but with a prediction that we go 8-8. Our defensive backfield looked horrible on those TD passes. Geez. But we found a way to win when too often last year we found ways to lose. Plus, our offensive line was OK against an improved line for the Raiders. Neither team is going too far in my opinion. Our offense should end up being pretty good though. Whoever had Bettis on a fantasy team did well: 3 TDs -- and a total of ONE yard rushing (can't imagine many did though).

Raider fan with low hopes here.

Ditto.

Off to a crappy start in Pittsburgh.

Steeler fan here, but with a prediction that we go 8-8. Our defensive backfield looked horrible on those TD passes. Geez. But we found a way to win when too often last year we found ways to lose. Plus, our offensive line was OK against an improved line for the Raiders. Neither team is going too far in my opinion. Our offense should end up being pretty good though. Whoever had Bettis on a fantasy team did well: 3 TDs -- and a total of ONE yard rushing (can't imagine many did though).

Sounds like a pretty accurate and reasonable assessment.

bartender at my local pub said the ravens were his "lock of the year"

the browns are tied for first with the steelers

my weekend picks weren't too bad, except for my "lock"

i have mcnabb and t.o. on my fantasy league team

this could be a deadly combo this year

next monday eagles and the vikings

how 'bout portis?

culpepper and moss beat up the cowgirlzzzz, Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccceeeeeeee

vinnie had 300 yards

keyshawn took a couple nice shots

the best stat

the bus 1 yard rushing, but 3 tds

good game last night

that little dude for the broncos had a nice game

priest had another big game

ss1

Cowboys O looked decent yesterday. Got more 1st downs than Minnesota (27-23)and picked up 423 yards of offense. Not too shabby for a 40 yr old QB and some older receivers (Johnson & Glenn). Running game was a bit suspect, but once they got behind it became a moot point when they were forced to go to the air to try and hang with the Vikes. Problem is they were having to settle for field goal attempts early on (and what's with McBriar throwing a rugby pass there on the muff??).

Unfortunately, Dallas was supposed to have a decent defense again this year. And the defense didn't really show up. They managed to limit Moss to 27 yds receiving, but he still caught two TDs, and the D was so focused on him they let everyone else run wild. There was no pass rush either, that should be their biggest concern. Culpepper had all day to throw, and bided his time until someone came open.

Hopefully the offense works through its problems, and the defense gets on track, or it's gonna be a long season.

There's talk about Quentin's durability but this guy is as solid as a rock. I for one wouldn't sell him short on the durability question or any facet of his game for that matter. On ESPN last night they praised him for his ability to see the entire field. That kind of ability in any back makes him a dangerous customer.

Of course, as is always the case...you can't rely on Week One to give predictions for the entire season. The teams that look strong can easily falter or get handicapped by injuries...the teams that appear weak now can buckle down and kick major ass down the road a piece...

That's what makes it an interesting game.

Teams that look tough so far:

Vikings

Titans

Pats

Colts

Broncos

Eagles

Jets

Teams that look weak or overrated so far:

Ravens

Chiefs

Dolphins

Texans

Bills

Please add Ahman Green and the PACKERS to column one and the Panthers to column two!

My apologies...

I will add Green Bay to that list (and Carolina to the disappoitment list as well)

Monday night game wasn't on when I posted...

my 2nd week super duper picks

browns pick

browns + 5 vs cowgirlzzz

they are gonna whoop some cowgirlzzz booty today

lock of da week

chiefs -6 vs panthers

upset

cards +8 vs pats

i can't believe this is my pick

others

redskins +3 vs giants

colts +1 vs titan

packers - 8 1/2 vs bears

seahawks - 3 vs tampa bay

sunday night

bengals - 5 vs dolphins

ss1

Detroit is winning... :rfr

If this keeps up, Conn can root for his hometown boys and not bother with those silly Patriots... ^_^

hehe,

:lol:

Williams for Detroit is the REAL DEAL!!

I do like the Lions (my favorite NFC team,) but the Pats... :wub::wub:

Watch out for Williams everybody! He's the next Terrell Owens. Loved that touchdown catch where he got popped, held on, and just shoved one of the two defensive backs out of his way.