The NFL Season

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I *almost* feel sorry for Joe Gibbs. Living here in the land of the Redskins fanatics (I hate the fans almost as much as the team) I had heard nothing but endless hype when Gibbs returned. Then when they won their first game...it was almost unbearable.

But boy is it a different scene now. 3 straight losses have gotten it so quiet that you can hear the crickets chirping. Joe Gibbs is a legendary coach and there are some talented players on the squad...but they sure as hell don't look anything like "a team" yet.

Good! After raiding my team, the Jets, of four top notch players a year ago, I wish them nothing but the worst. It was good to see Laverneus as a goat this past game. Good receiver but way overpaid thanks to Mr. Snyder. Meanwhile the Jets with the help of some significant 2nd year and rookie talent are 3-0!

I hope. Will the Pats ever lose?

I'm a huge Pats fan and I have serious doubts that they will get through the Seahawks unscathed. Alexander is a premier running back and to my eyes, the Pats have yet to prove that they can stop this kind of runner. Their only hope will be turnovers and Brady... a familiar formula.

BTW, if they get through Seattle, their next opponent after that is the Jets. This is the game where they can become the "official" successive wins leader (the NFL does not recognize the playoffs for consecutive wins records). I have tickets to that game. :)

Later,

Kevin

I hope.  Will the Pats ever lose?

I'm a huge Pats fan and I have serious doubts that they will get through the Seahawks unscathed. Alexander is a premier running back and to my eyes, the Pats have yet to prove that they can stop this kind of runner. Their only hope will be turnovers and Brady... a familiar formula.

BTW, if they get through Seattle, their next opponent after that is the Jets. This is the game where they can become the "official" successive wins leader (the NFL does not recognize the playoffs for consecutive wins records). I have tickets to that game. :)

Later,

Kevin

Nice to see Kevin finally get in on the act and talk football!!

Seahawks look tough this year, but I haven't seen them enough to truly judge. I'd still give the Patriots the edge at home. I think the defence is starting to jell a bit now. Expect stronger performances over the next few weeks. Belichick has stopped shuffling around the offensive line, and the defence is learning to get along without Mt. Washington.

able to log on the internet this mornin'

week 5

browns pick

browns +6 vs the steelers

whoopin' the steelers ass today

lock of da weekend

vikings - 4 texans

texans luck runs out

upset of da weekend

cards +1 vs 49ers

cards have been keepin' games close

rest of my solid picks

colts - 9 1/2 vs faiders

seahawks - 7 vs rams

saints -3 vs bucs

panthers + 5 1/2 vs broncos

dolphins + 12 1/2 vs pats, rollin' the dice on this one

sunday nighter

ravens in a pick 'em vs 'skins

monday nighter

titans +3 vs packers, packers ain't playin' ball right now

ss1

browns pick

browns +6 vs the steelers

whoopin' the steelers ass today

no, baby....

weren't gonna happen...

not in Pittsburgh...

:P

with love,

rachel (who grew up in the 'burgh with the Steel Curtain...)

saw a good part of that game, Rachel (while watching the Pats on another TV in a bar)

Steelers won handily. Garcia looked like he was in trouble in just about every pass play.

Maybe they should have handed off to Suggs a few times in the second half to keep the Steeler defense honest.

Big Ben looks like the real thing...

Got home a bit ago from the Colts/Raiders game. Pretty easy win for the Colts; very balanced offense and the defense played a little better with 3 picks and a couple sacks. A bye week end week and them another match-up with the Jags. Colts are on cruise control at this point; would love to have the game back against the Pats :( !

would love to have the game back against the Pats :( !

there are 19 other instances where this feeling might be shared...

B-)

Unlike many of the others, I think the Colts could have won the game. But we could "couda, wouda, shouda" all day. You gotta execute on every play to come out on top!

I was watching the Seahawks-Rams game. Seattle was dominating for the first three quarters, and I was thinking, "Geez, they've got to be favored to beat New England next Sunday at Foxboro." They looked totally dominating. Then Bulger started to air it out and "exposed" the Seattle defence. Amazing; truly amazing.

Maybe the Pats will beat them next week afterall. Wow!! :excited:

I was watching the Seahawks-Rams game. Seattle was dominating for the first three quarters, and I was thinking, "Geez, they've got to be favored to beat New England next Sunday at Foxboro." They looked totally dominating. Then Bulger started to air it out and "exposed" the Seattle defence. Amazing; truly amazing.

Maybe the Pats will beat them next week afterall. Wow!! :excited:

I watched that Rams-Seahawks game myself. I was watching Alexander run all over the Rams and thought, man, we're dead next week. Even against Miami's no-name running game, we still allowed some long runs.

But then I saw the Rams comeback and I figure we're about even with the Seahawks. Maybe BB & co. can tighten up the run D before next week? No matter, this looks to be a good test for the Pats.

If they Pats win, they may be going up against an undefeated Jets team that next week. I'll be there. :)

Later,

Kevin

Back to the Seahawks/Rams game for a minute.

That one was a heartbreaker. Even though the Rams came back like mad in the 4th quarter, I think the Hawks have proved they are a team to be taken seriously. Going into that game, they had the top ranked defense in the NFL...and they played very strong until the Rams caught fire in the final 5 minutes. That's a young defense and they should improve.

Alexander is a great running back and Hasselback looks flawless.

Game killers:

Dropped passes! There is no excuse for Robinson dropping that many good passes, if he had been able to hang on the score would have been even more in the Seahawks favor.

Hasselback getting sacked at 2min. If Seattle had been able to make that first down, they would have run out the clock.

The coin toss: That overtime could have easily had a different result if the toss had gone in their favor.

Regardless, I think Seattle is a very hungry team and I have a feeling they'll bounce back from this loss with a lot of fight. Not sure if they have the power to take out the Patriots or not...but they won't let that one be an easy win. Even if they lose that one...I predict they will be in the playoffs again this year...a much more mature team than last year.

Regarding the Packers game last night, that was really a sad game to watch. That's one of the worst defensive performances I've seen in quite awhile.