The NFL Season

Check out the ticket to the record-breaking Pats/Dolphins game:

MIA_Ticket.jpg

Notice the subliminal tuff? Add the players numbers togther... 2+6+3+8 = 19. The referee is number 19. The best is on the wall behind the play... "Sec. 19"... "in"... "a"... "row" . :)

BTW, speaking of the Pats next opponent, over on patsfans.com, they have former QB Steve Grogan analyze the games each week. This week, they asked him about the Seahawks. Here's what he had to say:

R.R. Marshall: This will be the first quality opponent the Patriots have faced since the opening week of the season. What’s the game plan for Seattle?

Steve Grogan: I hadn’t seen Seattle play much before last Sunday and I was really impressed with their running back Shaun Alexander. I assume Alexander is what the Patriots will try and take away. He is the kind of back that hesitates to wait for a hole to open up, so it is going to be really important for the defense to swarm him and not give him time for that hole to open up because he can accelerate quickly. Matt Hasselbeck is a good quarterback but the Seahawk receivers seem to have a lot of problems with catching the ball, so if you can neutralize their running game it will give the Patriots a great shot at extending their winning streak to 20 games.

This is exactly the way I feel about this game with one exception... I am worried that the Patriots offense might get shut down by the Seahawk's D. They need some of their receivers to get back in the game. Branch's absence is going to hurt when the opponents start doubling Givens on every play. Patten is going to have to get open and catch the ball, which he wasn't able to do agianst the Fins this weekend.

Later,

Kevin

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, ok it took me 5 weeks

my browns aren't that good, i gotta stop bettin' on them

other stuff

the steelers will get theirs when they play the eagles in a couple weeks

favre in the preseason said "superbowl or bust"

ricky williams wants to pay back his bonus in weed

mcnabb and t.o. return this week

lions and jets are surprising me

which coach will get the boot first? butch davis???

ss1

I was watching the Seahawks-Rams game. Seattle was dominating for the first three quarters, and I was thinking, "Geez, they've got to be favored to beat New England next Sunday at Foxboro." They looked totally dominating. Then Bulger started to air it out and "exposed" the Seattle defence. Amazing; truly amazing.

Maybe the Pats will beat them next week afterall. Wow!! :excited:

I turned the game off, since Seattle was winning and the Rams looked lame. Saw 2 interceptions.

Couldn't believe the news, when I heard the Rams won in OT.

Just like when I turned off the Yankee game, when they were down 5-1. Then hear they won 6-5 over the Twins. :lol:

Miami has no offense. Once you lose your running game, the QB is under pressure. Not sure they can win a game this year.

I see that Seahawk's loss as a fluke, not a sign. That being said, Patriots are tough-- Dillon is turning out to be just the ingredient I expected-- and Seattle is by no means a great road team. There is no conceivable score in this game that I couldn't justify: a closely fought high scoring game, a closely fought low score, or a lopsided defense either way.

I'm picking Seattle by 7, just because I've been rooting for them all year :)

ss1

I say Dave Wannstadt of Miami or Jim Haslett of New Orleans will be the first to go. Butch Davis will last the season. ss1 is just disappointed with his team. I don't think the owners had any great expectations for the Browns this year; but the season is still young and that division is not very strong. Every team is still in it.

I see that Seahawk's loss as a fluke, not a sign. That being said, Patriots are tough-- Dillon is turning out to be just the ingredient I expected-- and Seattle is by no means a great road team. There is no conceivable score in this game that I couldn't justify: a closely fought high scoring game, a closely fought low score, or a lopsided defense either way.

I'm picking Seattle by 7, just because I've been rooting for them all year :)

I think the Pats will win. It should be a typically exciting game, but the Pats will win. They will also beat the Jets the following week.

I do see them stumbling against the Steelers or Rams (both away games) after that. The Steelers will be coming off a bye week and they will be ready for the visiting SB champs. Still, it won't be easy for any team to beat New England. They will have to earn it.

WEEK 6

browns pick

browns - 3 vs bengals

in the true 5 star game of the day

lock

eagles - 9 vs panthers

eagles will win by 15

upset

49ers +10 vs jets

not sure on this one

others

lions -2 vs packers

kc -2 vs j-ville

pats -4 vs seahwaks

dallas -3 vs pittsburgh

sunday night

vikings-3 1/2 vs saints

monday night

rams -6 vs tampa bay

something new

over the internet

a 3 team parlay

$50 pays $300

1 eagles - 9

2 pats - 4

3 vikings- 3 1/2

ss1

ss1

I say Dave Wannstadt of Miami or Jim Haslett of New Orleans will be the first to go. Butch Davis will last the season. ss1 is just disappointed with his team. I don't think the owners had any great expectations for the Browns this year; but the season is still young and that division is not very strong. Every team is still in it.

Can't really blame Wannstadt, stoned ass Rickey Williams hung him out to dry.

Well, my Steelers are surprising me. Big Ben looks like he's for real. And it's always nice to beat Dallas. But, we keep getting more key players injured. It looks like we lost cornerback Chad Scott and our all-pro nose tackle, Casey Hampton, for the year. That is going to kill us in our next two games: New England and Philly. At least we have them at home, and at least we have a bye week before we play New England. We'll see. I predicted we would be 8-8, and while I think we will beat that, the way our injuries are going it's going to be tougher the rest of the way through.

Steelers look terrific with Big Ben.

All teams suffer injuries. Surely it evens out. Pats receiver corps has been terribly depleted.

Is Chad Scott so important? Wasn't he almost run out of town along with Dwayne Washington after last year's poor performance?

Always hurts to lose a big defensive tackle.

I called it pretty good on the Pats/Seahawks game... I said their only hope was turnovers and Brady and that's exactly how they won this. Luckily the turnovers turning into points came early. It limited the Seahawks to playing catch up and this usually means "throw the ball". I still think the Seahawks had a chance in the end but I have to wonder why Alexander wasn't being handed the ball more often on their last drive. It's not like the Pats were stuffing him. Oh well, a win is a win. The biggest winner of the day? Bethel Johnson. He is probably still in Belechick's doghouse but he may have earned a reprieve for that incredible catch. Totally laying out like that and then being able to tuck it in so the replay couldn't overturn the call. Wow.

Anybody watch the Cowboys blow it last night? Was that bizarre or what? I was thinking it was a lock. All they had to do was hand off a couple of times and try for a long FG. Next thing you know, Testeverde has the ball knocked out of his hands by his his running back and "Wham," they're done. It reminded me of that Giants/Eagles game years ago with the fumble. Quite a boneheaded play by the Cowboys. Of course, Parcells will blame the players, which is who screwed up, but the play calling has to be questioned.

Later,

Kevin

Edited by Kevin Bresnahan

I called it pretty good on the Pats/Seahawks game... I said their only hope was turnovers and Brady and that's exactly how they won this. Luckily the turnovers turning into points came early. It limited the Seahawks to playing catch up and this usually means "throw the ball". I still think the Seahawks had a chance in the end but I have to wonder why Alexander wasn't being handed the ball more often on their last drive. It's not like the Pats were stuffing him. Oh well, a win is a win.

I just don't see it that way, Kevin.

I think the defence won the game with big plays (like they usually do.) If Bethel hadn't caught that bomb on 3rd and 7, I'm sure the defense would have held on.

Seattle is explosive and you have to score points to beat them. We know that. I agree about Alexander. Seattle should have used him more often, but they were down and pretty much out of the game in the first half, so they had to throw the ball in the air.

Brady allowed Seattle to get close by fumbling the ball. Believe me, I'm not one to devalue Brady's efforts, but with the Patriots, the defense is a huge factor in games...

Anyway, as you say, a win is a win. Keep on posting. Nice to see another Pats fan discuss games. I think they'll beat the Jets, and I'm not sure about Pittsburgh. Steelers are looking tough and should be favored.

I think they'll beat the Jets, and I'm not sure about Pittsburgh. Steelers are looking tough and should be favored.

Did you catch that Pittsburgh/Dallas Sunday night?? Dallas absolutely blew it, in "Pisarcik-ian proportions". All they had to do was run a couple of plays, kick a field goal and make a defensive stand against a hobbled Steelers offense. Instead, Testeverde bumps into his running back, fumbles, and the Steelers seal the W. Steelers should've lost that one.

The Jets are an enigma. Like NE, they've played some pretty weak teams (that's what we get with the Bills and Dolphins in our division). Who knows if their 5-0 is real? At least we have two tough W's. Not the Jets. Belichick seems to have Pennington's number though.

Later,

Kevin

I think they'll beat the Jets, and I'm not sure about Pittsburgh.  Steelers are looking tough and should be favored.

Did you catch that Pittsburgh/Dallas Sunday night?? Dallas absolutely blew it, in "Pisarcik-ian proportions". All they had to do was run a couple of plays, kick a field goal and make a defensive stand against a hobbled Steelers offense. Instead, Testeverde bumps into his running back, fumbles, and the Steelers seal the W. Steelers should've lost that one.

The Jets are an enigma. Like NE, they've played some pretty weak teams (that's what we get with the Bills and Dolphins in our division). Who knows if their 5-0 is real? At least we have two tough W's. Not the Jets. Belichick seems to have Pennington's number though.

Later,

Kevin

Yeah, I know, but winning breeds a certain confidence. Steelers always had a good team; they just needed some confidence.

Our 5-0 looks much better than the Jets 5-0. Pats beat Indy and Seattle. Jets just beat San Diego. Can't compare.

Jets are always tough because divisional opponents know each other well. But that works both ways. We know them well too!

;)

...Cleveland traded disgruntled wide receiver Quincy Morgan yesterday to Dallas, for disgruntled wide receiver Antonio Bryant. LOL

I don't know too much about Morgan, but I think Bryant has more upside, and is a few years younger. If he can screw his head on straight and now throw his jersey in Butch Davis' face, Cleveland should get the better of this deal!

week 7 picks

couldn't log on this mornin'

lock

rams -6 vs miami

couldn't put my browns in a lock game against them, glad i didn't

upset

saints +3 vs faiders, sorry noj

also really liked the lions in my upset pick today,

actually maked it for upset and changed it to "others"

browns pick

browns +7 vs eagles, won this one today

others

packers - 3 1/2 vs cowgirlzzzzz

dammmmmnnnnn, the cowgirlzzzz got their buttzz kicked, BIG FREAKIN TIME

seahawks -7 vs cardinals- wrong

vikings - 7 vs titans

ravens - 5 1/2 vs bills

pats - 6 vs jets, for my homeboy conn-500

i won my three team parlay last week, so i rolled the dice with my $300

1 ravens -5 1/2 vs bills -yes

2 rams - 6 vs dolphins - no

3 eagles - 7 vs browns - no- that's what i get for bettin' against my boyzz

ss1

What has happened to Seattle? :o

Love the Jags upset over Colts. I think the Colts are slightly overrated.

Miami still has a tough D, while St Louis looks soft. That was still a surprise, though.

Lions roared today. I saw the game on local TV.

Jets are one of the best teams in the NFL. Their defensive line was putting good pressure on Brady all day. Pats are just a bit better.

That rematch in NY won't be fun. Neither will next week's game in Pittsburgh. I'm leaning towards a Steeler upset next weekend, but I'll have to see the news over the week first.

Ravens are starting to look tough again. Still have no offense.

Browns should have won today. Damn!

i had a good football weekend

my fantasy team "went off" today

mcnabb - 4 tds

ahman green - 2 tds

thomas jones - td

michael clayton - td

t.o - 2 tds

jimmy smith - td

250 points game

my other team needs 50 yards from rod smith to win my 7th game in a row

my third team had a bad weekend

i also won the football pool this week!!!

$55, i am so freakin' broke, i didn't really want to play this week

the lions game helped me win, only one other person picked them to win

i only missed on the the colts,rams and seahawks games, practically everyone missed those games

i finished 10-3, with everyone pcking the broncos for the mnf game, i have won

the next group is 9-4

no one can beat me

last week's pool was $105 and i finished in second

ss1

week #8

browns pick

i'd pick the browns if they were playin' this weekend

lock of da day

colts -1 vs chiefs

peyton 4 tds today

upset of the day