The NFL Season

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patriots getting their butts kicked. Injuries to starting corners Ty Law and Tyrone Poole make them very thin in the secondary. The Steelers are playing great and the Pats are flat.

First half is about to end with a 24-3 lead. I'm declaring this game as lost. Even if they narrow the score, I think the Steelers are playing too well to let this one go.

The streak had to end. Might as well end with a bang!

Corey Dillon was listed as "probable" yesterday but is inactive for the game. What was Bill Belichick up to?

I think the Pats will probably lose at KC and at NY Jets as well. This won't be their only loss of the season.

Cornerback Randall Gay goes down again.

Steelers were well prepared over the bye week for the Pats. It's very painful for me to watch this game, which ended early in the third quarter. Pats have no chance to come back. Brady is just padding his throwing stats right now, while the Steelers are doing all the right things to wrap up the win.

Congrats to the Steelers for outplaying New England. :tup

J-E-T-S. Jets, Jets, Jets!

Living here in southeast Florida while still holding on to my Jet season tix of 38 years (I sell the four tix to a guy in Manhattan every year since I moved here some 11 years ago), that was one of the most enjoyable Monday night victories I've seen in years. Beating the Dolphins this particular year is not such a great achievement (although the Rams are probably still wondering how they were shellacked by them last week) but it was still great fun. Nothing will overtake the Monday Night Miracle some four years ago, but it sure was great to sit back, enjoy a rout and not have to be on pins and needles about the eventual outcome.

Here's hoping we don't lay an egg in Buffalo next week. :unsure:

Week # 9

are you ready for sum football?

my 5.5 star picks....

browns

i'd say ray lew is gonna be pissed toght, thanks t.o.

browns +6 vs ex-browns

lock

eagles -1 vs steelers.

eagles by 10.

three intercetions for big ben

i hate the steelers and all their fans

upset

rams +2 vs pats

lots of passing yards for the rams today

pats are weak w/o dillion and their secondary

others

lions =3.5 vs redskins

jets -3 vs bills

chiefs - 3 vs bucs

chargers - 6.5 vs saints

houston +6.5 vs broncos, i have a feelin' on dis one

monday

colts -6 vs vikings

3 team parlay

eagles -1

rams +2

seahawks - 6.5

ss1

I dunno.

I think the Steelers will beat the Eagles today. I don't much care for the Steelers either, but they're at home and fired up after last week's big win.

Which Detroit team will we see today?

Sportsmedia quotes Jeff Garcia as saying that he's starting to get comfortable with the Browns' offense. We'll see.

Well, an upset for the Bears. My wife was so happy about this one. I was fairly surprised, but perhaps the Giants weren't as good as their record indicated and their luck ran out on them. The Bears defense is pretty good, and they are starting to get better on the offensive side.

Still don't think the Bears' QB is that great but he is making big improvements. Most likely he will improve just enough to make the coach's life hell when he has to decide between this guy and Grossman (the young QB who went down early in the season). Neither are truly going to be great QBs. But of course, I could be wrong, and I am sure my wife hopes I am.

hold on a damn second, "stealers" fans

it ain't like the "stealers" are gonna win the superbowl

this year or anytime soon

let's get real

ya'll been sayin' "one for the thumb"

since 1979/80

i'm just breakin' it down

the browns are gonna snap that winnin' streak this sunday

anyone see aaron brooks throw the football the wrong way?

pey-dawg is on fire

the edge ran all over the vikings last night

i guess we can forget about the lions

ss1

sunday night's game is what being a cleveland browns fan is all about

we punt it out of our end zone for a 10 yard punt, give them an easy 6

then we drive down the field about 70- 80 yards and give up a record 106 yard return on a tipped pass

it ain't easy bein' a browns fan

go lebron!

Edited by Soulstation1

week 10

browns pick

who they playin' this week?

browns +3.5

lock of the weekend

lock pick is the eagles - 6.5 monday night vs cowgirlzzzzz

my #2 lock for today

packers -4 vs vikings

upset

cards +2.5

others

lions -3 vs j-ville

colts -9 vs texans

rams +1 vs seahwaks

49ers pick 'em vs carolina

bucs +3.5 vs falcons

sunday night

bills + 7.5 vs pats, low scorin' game

ss1

Pleased to see my Steelers keeping it up. And ALWAYS great to see them beat the Browns in Cleveland. One of my best childhood football memories was being at Three Rivers Stadium when the Steelers threw the flea flicker to Bennie Cunningham to beat those guys. Bradshaw handed to Blier who handed to Swann who pitched it back to Bradshaw who threw it to Bennie at the goalline. The place went wild.

Steelers seem pretty real to me. We'll see if we can keep it up. I like that we are playing very strong after having so many injuries. If we meet the Patriots in the playoffs that will be a great one. They will have their starting CB back and it may be different.

I thought they were going to go 8-8, so this is all gravy as far as I'm concerned!

I don't know what the deal was with Porter, but he needs to seriously learn how to keep his head on straight. It's way too easy for other teams to get him into this kind of thing. Cowher needs to sit him down and have a man-to-man that he is hurting the team with this kind of crap. His backup played like crazy though, and led the team in tackles and had a sack, so there wasn't much of a letdown.