The NFL Season

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fearless predictions;

The Jets don't have a prayer. Steelers 34, Jets 13. No contest

I like Minnesota but a one game winning streak is about all they can handle.

Eagles 35, Vikings 20.

I can't see the Falcons blowing it at home. Plus 8-8 teams don't go on three game winning streaks This one could be close, though. Falcons 30, Rams 24

The one game that could be an upset is NE/Indy. But not to be, sadly for Colt fans, not with that defense. It'll be close, though Pats 35, Indy 30.

So far I'm 3-0, but I have picked all the favorites so far.

Hope I'm wrong on my last pick.

Richard Seymour will not be in the lineup for today's game. There had been some speculation that he might play. Man, this is going to be tough! :(:o

Steelers pulled out yesterday's game. The Jets did everything but win. I thought they outplayed the Steelers. They better play better next game against either the Colts or the Pats. I think they will play a better second game.

Hey Soulstation 1,

Look as much as the Browns/Steelers rivalry goes back, at least with the old Browns, I thought that you, like most Browns fans, have a distinct disregard for Belichick (the man is a cyborg), who was not popular in Cleveland when he coached the Browns.

Therefore, shocking as it may seem, Go Steelers!

Edited by skeith

I call this Belichick envy!

Come on Browns' fans. Get over it!

:P

Huge Jet fan here, season ticket holder since '67.

How do I get over this past Saturday's fiasco? I know all you Patriot fans would rather we have won, because if it's Belichick/Weiss vs. Herm/Hackett, it's just no contest. Still, it would have been nice to knock off the Steelers on their home turf. :(

Come on Browns' fans. Get over it!

As great as he may be he is even made fun of here in the icy north. He runs this team like an executor with absolute emotional detachment. I believe the Brown's fans feelings might be just a mid-westerner thing. Lot's of emotional detachment up here on the east coast and Belichick is perfectly suited to it. He works for a razor and battery company fer god sake!

Now when it all comes down he will go down as a great coach cause he made the bottom line like a scientist. Them days of Lombardi, Ditka and even Cower are what folks will remember.

So, Go Browns! and I'm still bitter about Modell and he'll be rembered for that silly numeral typeface on the Ravens' jerseys.

Come on Browns' fans.  Get over it!

Huge Jet fan here, season ticket holder since '67.

How do I get over this past Saturday's fiasco? I know all you Patriot fans would rather we have won, because if it's Belichick/Weiss vs. Herm/Hackett, it's just no contest. Still, it would have been nice to knock off the Steelers on their home turf. :(

I don't know Marty.

I wasn't exactly enthusiastic about playing the Jets for the third time this season. I did root for them however. They played with more heart than Pittsburgh. I was pulling my hair out in frustration over Herm's conservatism once they got into field goal range at the end of the fourth quarter. It all spelled doom.

ok.... these ARE the BIG games

eagles - 5 vs falcons

under 37 total points, it's gonna be real funkin' cold

t.o. guarantees the victory even though he ain't playin'

shut it up , t.o.

i hope mcnabb's gets to the superbowl

now on to the other BIG game

pats - 3 vs steelers

over 35 total points

dillon must have 125 rushing yards

whichever r.b. (bus or dillon) gets 100 yards should win the game

pats "d" must show up and they'll get 2 key turnovers

**** da steelers, i got $40 on the pats today

are you ready for some football?

ss1

Tell you what...

It feels great to get past the tough Steelers. Scored 41 points agains the league's toughest defence just as they allowed Peyton Manning's best offense to score only 3 points.

I like Jerome Bettis, but I got awfully tired of his quoting: "The wheels of the bus go round and round; round and round; round and round."

Probably the only book he's ever read. <_<

:g