WATTSTAX

trane_fanatic

We must have been very very bad in Oregon, as the station out of Portland last night had some show featuring Tony Orlando and Debby Boone. After that was "Cliff Richard: The World Tour." Tonight it's "Yanni In Concert: Live at the Acropolis." Sheeeeesh, what did we do to deserve this? :blink:

Nothing came up on a search at OPB's website either. Maybe we're being punished for not donating enough.

We must have been very very bad in Oregon, as the station out of Portland last night had some show featuring Tony Orlando and Debby Boone. After that was "Cliff Richard: The World Tour." Tonight it's "Yanni In Concert: Live at the Acropolis." Sheeeeesh, what did we do to deserve this? :blink:

Nothing came up on a search at OPB's website either. Maybe we're being punished for not donating enough.

Maybe they got the wrong tapes; perhaps they got Texas's tapes by mistake and vice versa. That's usually the kind of garbage we Texans are subjected to on a regular basis.

Our local NPR affiliate preceded WATTSTAX w/a thing called "John Lennon's Jukebox", or something like that. I guess Lennon had a portable jukebox that he carried around, and the show was a look at what records were on it (lots of R&B), and intervies with those artists (as much as possible). I only caught the last half of it, but it was cool, if slight. Great performance footage, and cool interviews w/Steve Cropper & John Sebastian.

But WATTSTAX, my god, what a great movie, and not just for the music. LEAST of all for the music, in fact. And the music was beautiful! The DVD WILL be mine!

BTW - I recognized Ted Lange, but was Jayne Cortez also amongst the interviwees? I thought I recognized her by her voice.