Guilty Pleasures

Big Al

Well, I set my VCR to record Charmed every day on TNT while I'm at work...so I guess that definitely counts as a guilty pleasure...

...but of course, can staring at Holly Marie Combs, Alyssa Milano & either Rose McGowan or Shannon Doherty REALLY be considered a guilty pleasure?

:w

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one falls under otherwise:

tigger-2.gif

Tigger just makes me smile.

Me too.

BUT I save my real affection for the hapless Eyore. :wub: Every time I visit my daughter, I am tempted to pack my grandson's stuffed, four-foot tall Eyore in my suitcase, even if it means I can't pack my clothes. I got taller, but I never really grew up, when it comes to Eyore.;)

Edited by patricia

MTV's Real World/Road Rules extreme competitions. Which of course means I watch Road Rules and the Real World. Although Road Rules has become less involving now that they vote people off. While I'm in the confessional, I occasionally watch the Great Race and Trading Spouses.

I don't have musical guilty pleasures because I like what I like.

But movies?

Tequila Sunrise. Awful movie, great cast with great chemistry. Worst dialogue ever.

I've seen Yentl about a 100 times. Papa, can you hear me?

The first Batman movie.

Purple Rain. The last 25 minutes of the movie is the best reason to see it.

Poltergeist.

Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet. All four freaking hours of it.

Bram Stoker's Dracula. Great score. Gary Oldman rocked.

Godfather III. I thought Andy Garcia should have gone to jail for looking so good in this movie.

MTV's Real World/Road Rules extreme competitions.  Which of course means I watch Road Rules and the Real World.  Although Road Rules has become less involving now that they vote people off. 

OK, now I feel a little more comfortable coming out of the Real World/Road Rules closet. I've watched every episode from every season until San Diego ( they were just a bunch of dumbasses...) and the last several Road Rules (I agree that the voting off part kind of ruins it for me). And I live for those competitions! And talk about the competition turning u-g-l-y...( that Abram guy is a loon...)

Edit to mention that the second season of "The Apprentice" has commenced, and I'm hooked.

Edited by rachel

Ah well, who'm I to talk? I like Art Garfunkel's wet-noodle version of "I Only Have Eyes for You."  :winky:

fingers in her ears singing loudly "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA"

I will not think of this song all day today....

^_^

:w:g I guess we're even? (Wish we had a smilie with a white flag?)

white flag smilie? Heck no... I'm already planning my revenge :P

By coincidence, there is a new CD released in the UK that contains a number of my guilty pleasures. The title, of course, is 'Guilty Pleasures'. Just check out the track listing.

Guilty Pleasures

Various Artists

Our Price: £8.99

10 Used & New from £8.99

Audio CD (August 23, 2004)

Number of Discs:1

Label: Sony

ASIN: B0002SV4OQ

Catalogue Number: 5185762

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track Listings

1. Alessi - Oh Lori

2. Captain & Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together

3. Pilot - January

4. Electric Light Orchestra - Sweet Talkin' Woman

5. Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right

6. Ace - How Long

7. The Fortunes - Storm In A Tea Cup

8. Andy Kim - Rock Me Gently

9. Sherbert - Howzat

10. Carole Bayer Sayer - You're Moving Out

11. Marshall Hain - Dancing In The City

12. 10cc - The Things We Do For Love

13. Andrew Gold - Never Let Her Slip Away

14. Peter Skellern - Hold On To Love

15. Gallagher & Lyle - I Wanna Stay With You

16. Billy Swann - I Can Help

17. David Essex - Gonna Make You A Star

18. Jim Gilstrap - Swing Your Daddy

19. Brian Protheroe - Pinball

20. Helen Reddy - Angie Baby

21. Andy Fairweather Low - Wide Eyed And Legless

22. Colin Blunstone - Say You Don't Mind

Ah well, who'm I to talk? I like Art Garfunkel's wet-noodle version of "I Only Have Eyes for You."  :winky:

fingers in her ears singing loudly "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA"

I will not think of this song all day today....

^_^

:w:g I guess we're even? (Wish we had a smilie with a white flag?)

white flag smilie? Heck no... I'm already planning my revenge :P

I think we should just gang up on JohnJ!!! :g:P:g:P:g

Oh yeah, and another thing: "Dancing Queen" by Abba. HA! :rsmile:

• 11 months later...

I don't know if this qualifies or not...

My kids love the Shrek flicks, and the songs from it. So while shopping yesterday, I picked up Smash Mouth's "All Star Smash Hits" compilation for them. They love the songs they recognize, don't really care about the rest.

But I find myself actually kinda enjoying this. All Star, Walkin on the Sun, Can't Get Enough of you Baby...plus covers of I'm a Believer, Why Can't We Be Friends, Do It Again, and Getting Better.

It's fun, derivative pop rock. So shoot me...but my kids and I were all shakin our tail feathers to this yesterday, having a blast. :P

• 3 years later...

Rundgren (who, btw, produced Hall and Oates and one point). That overproduced, wall-of-sound singles sound, ala Phil Spector. You know the tunes: "Oh, Baby Baby," "Hello It's Me," "Just One Victory." An endless series of psychedelic torch songs and anthems.

Edited by papsrus

Backyardigans (it's a kids' show that my son loves, but I think I may like it even more than he does and am always disappointed when he says How about Little Bear instead, Dad?)

New Wave music from the 80s (I like almost all of it)**

Not into too many dumb teen comedies, but I really liked Eurotrip for some reason.

** I know this uncritical affection mostly comes from what surrounded you when you were a teenager. I had a colleague who was 10 years younger and also into music. I tried to share some New Wave music, and she wanted no part of it. She was much more into Tool and Perfect Circle, which I could appreciate on one level, but not really dig. We met a bit in the middle on grunge.

Edited by ejp626