Kraftwerk

BeBop

I love Kraftwerk. I used to have "The Mix" on cassette when I was a kid and listening to it all day long!

Now that I've discovered their "regular" albums, I have to say for me (and I know not everyone agrees) their best-crafted and most atmospheric album must be "Computerwelt".

Incidentally, anyone an avid fan of/listener to Neu!? I've picked up Neu and Neu2 and find them interesting but considerably more challenging listening, even compared to the early Kraftwerk.

I love Neu!'s first album. The guys from Neu! were briefly in Kraftwerk. Here's a video:

That's a great video Thanks for posting it! I love Neu too. :)

• 4 months later...

I bought Minimum Maximum when it first came out...and it's been in my mailbox ever since. Someday, I'll get off the road long enough to pick it up.

I'm working my way backwards - Ralf and Florian, Kraftwerk 2, Kraftwerk, Organisation... and finding the evolution of the group pretty interesting.

Absolutely agree - excellent stuff. They were definitely a true Kraut rock band, a la Can, Faust, Amon Duul and the rest in their formative years. Motorische Musik - Achtung Baby! I enjoy Ralf and Florian, and the two eponymous albums more than their later stuff in fact. There are some good tunes on the ones after that, picking up steam for that great run through Trans Europe Express, Man Machine and Computer World - the immortal Pocket Calculator will never die - but that nothing after that moves me.

• 8 years later...

Ms. TTK just brought home Kraftwerk 1 & 2 on CD.  I have never heard these albums before.  1 is  stylistically kind of all over the place, compared to their more familiar late-70s work. I mean "werk." Still, very good and a welcome addition to our Kraftwerk akkumulation.

Now spinning 2, and the first track already has more of their trademark sound.

Edited by Teasing the Korean