What's the best movie to test a new sound system

Johnny E

We've had a surround sound system for about three years. Whenever I want to demo it for someone, I show them the first few minutes of "Top Gun" or the scene by the T-Rex paddock from the first "Jurassic Park". I'm sure there are better sounding DVD's out there, but neither of these has let me down.

Up over and out.

And please make it a movie I can watch, not some stupid ass Bruce Willis blow em' up shit.

I second that, Johnny. No more explosions, choppers, "Sarah Conner", etc.

I would recommend "Catch Me If You Can". We have our VCR hooked up to the surround hifi, and that movie was a treat with that setup. The orchestra sounds great, and there is a superb alto (sax) playing a difficult chart in the early 20th century French style. The story, mainly true, is intriguing, too.

So, how does it sound?! Are you enjoying it? Do you listen to any of the DVD-A or SACD discs?

I am totally amazed at how much you get with this unit for so little cash!!!

I have watched Kill Bill Vol. I & II, Baadassss! and Spider Man. It fills my entire living room with moving and shifting sound! I have listened to the Residents DVD "Icky Flix" which has a number of videos in 5.1 surround and it is amazing. I have Zappa's Halloween DVD Audio disc somewhere but it's still packed away from my recent move and I haven't been able to find it yet. Regular CD's sound great, AM/FM wonderful. I really can't believe that I got what I got at such a low price.

Thanks for the tips all, I'm a happy camper. :g:tup

Panasonic SC-HT700 from Tech for Less for $154.00!!!!!!!!!!!!