Rock On...

tonym

Dug up this thread to mention that I finally got the Zeppelin DVD set last weekend and have been watching it to get me going on the way to work in the mornings. I'm liking the acoustic material at Earl's Court much more than I expected - the version of Bron Y Aur Stomp grooves real nice and hasn't failed to put a smile on my face as I watch.

BTW, I think it's hilarious that nobody at the time commented on the addition to Mnytime's canon of whoppers above.

Edited by Big Wheel

Aaah, gotta love the Stooges, AC/DC, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Motorhead. Rock is best when it's dumb.

It doesn't get much dumber than Alabama Thunderpussy - currently in heavy rotation on my car stereo. Pistols and Motorhead are good commuting music as well.

Aaah, gotta love the Stooges, AC/DC, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Motorhead. Rock is best when it's dumb.

It doesn't get much dumber than Alabama Thunderpussy - currently in heavy rotation on my car stereo. Pistols and Motorhead are good commuting music as well.

I tried that, but I kept running the other drivers off the road.

GUIDED BY VOICES

Forever Since Breakfast

Devil Between My Toes

Sandbox

Self-Inflicted Aerial Nostolgia

Same Place the Fly Got Smashed

Propeller

Vampire on Titus

Bee Thousand

Alien Lanes

Under the Bushes, Under the Stars

Mag Earwhig!

Do the Collapse

Isolation Drills

Universal Truths and Cycles

Earthquake Glue

Half Smiles of the Decomposed

ROCK

The Pixies. Some pretty good, creative stuff going on there once you get beyond the "in your face-ness" of their music. I will say, though, that the one everyone seems to think is the group's best effort (Surfer Rosa) I find the least attractive of the bunch.

Up over and out.

The Pixies. Some pretty good, creative stuff going on there once you get beyond the "in your face-ness" of their music. I will say, though, that the one everyone seems to think is the group's best effort (Surfer Rosa) I find the least attractive of the bunch.

Up over and out.

DOOLITTLE. Although, I really really really love Surfer Rosa, too, which was my intro to the band, and a constant listen for 17 or 18 years.

I'm going to throw Blind Melon into the mix, since I've been listening to a live CD that my wife brought home a few days ago. This band really had something in Shannon Hoon. I can only wonder what their music would have sounded like into the 21st century if he wasn't such a stupid asshole. Yeah, I'm bitter.