Any Zappa fans?

GregK

and Bobby's OK- but I'm still pissed at him - I mean, he comes to dinner and just brings a lousy cake - he doesn't even bring an assortment!

Yeah, I have to hide my aged scotch when he's around!

You too!!! :excited:

OK I have to ask this of the Zappa fans:

Has anyone heard of a 70's band called Chopper? Supposedly, Zappa was a huge fan of these guys in the 70's, they were based out of Michigan, but I can't find any additional info on them.

g

• 4 weeks later...

well, I got my copy of Imaginary Diseases today, and it is much better than what I was expecting (which wasn't much). An actual live disc compiled from a number of different concerts in 1972, with good sound (better than expected, again). It is playing as I type this, and there is a very nice bluesy vamp with lots of very good soloing by FZ, brass, and Tony Duran. And that's only the third song! I'm looking forward to the 16 min Farther O'Blivion! :excited:

Oh, and even though the liner notes have the typical Gail mumbo-jumbo, there is a sensical, brief essay from Steve Vai. So, shockingly, it looks like the ZFT came through, finally! I was so disappointed by the Joe's Domage thing

well, I got my copy of Imaginary Diseases today, and it is much better than what I was expecting (which wasn't much). An actual live disc compiled from a number of different concerts in 1972, with good sound (better than expected, again). It is playing as I type this, and there is a very nice bluesy vamp with lots of very good soloing by FZ, brass, and Tony Duran. And that's only the third song! I'm looking forward to the 16 min Farther O'Blivion! :excited:

Oh, and even though the liner notes have the typical Gail mumbo-jumbo, there is a sensical, brief essay from Steve Vai. So, shockingly, it looks like the ZFT came through, finally! I was so disappointed by the Joe's Domage thing

Good news.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Two classic Zappa Halloween shows that Pops was @. Moms was @ the second one. She really wasn't a Zappa fan, more of a Pops' fan. ;) He ended up seeing something equally as horrific to him. :Nod:

This is The Zappa Halloween show. No video. Also his longest known performance.

This one was broadcast in the early years of MTV....back when they still showed videos and stuff like this.

Edited by Blue Train

If this isn't somewhere in the earlier posts, I am not a fan and had personal interactions with the man. He was a dick!

Hi Chuck. Not looking for dirt, or all the gory details -- but curious about how you crossed paths with FZ.

Not too surprised he could/would have been a real pain, but he wouldn't be the first jerk of a musician whose musical output I've admired.