Famous Cigar Smokers...or not

Tim McG

Hi hi hi.

My name's Andrew, and I've been a lurker here for many months, perhaps years. The company and knowledge you've all provided me has been invaluable, and all that time I've been persistently compelled to register and start participating, but at the same time I've realized my youth and inexperience may yield very little that may be of any interest to you.

But seeing as how I do like a good cigar every now and then (although I've been getting into pipes lately, in a big way), seeing this thread pushed me over the edge, and I suppose now's a fine time to begin and introduce myself.

I'm 17, I live in LA, I play the trombone pretty well methinks, I dig reading very much; I listen to lots of music, especially jazz of the more modern variety (avant-garde?).

And my contribution to this thread is this:

bowie.gif

Mr. Lester Bowie

:rhappy:

Hi hi hi.

My name's Andrew, and I've been a lurker here for many months, perhaps years. The company and knowledge you've all provided me has been invaluable, and all that time I've been persistently compelled to register and start participating, but at the same time I've realized my youth and inexperience may yield very little that may be of any interest to you.

But seeing as how I do like a good cigar every now and then (although I've been getting into pipes lately, in a big way), seeing this thread pushed me over the edge, and I suppose now's a fine time to begin and introduce myself.

I'm 17, I live in LA, I play the trombone pretty well methinks, I dig reading very much; I listen to lots of music, especially jazz of the more modern variety (avant-garde?).

And my contribution to this thread is this:

bowie.gif

Mr. Lester Bowie

:rhappy:

Well then...glad to have been some help in this area :g

Trust me, Andrew, age is no deterent to posting. I'm nearly 50 and been posting on the various Jazz BBS's since back in the Jazz Central Station daze...but I'm a realtive newbie on this BBS.

Welcome!

Another famous cigar smoker:

0946da.jpg

I don't smoke cigars, but there is something in them that makes people live to be really, really old....George Burns, Milton Berle, Groucho Marx, Churchill....somebody, do some research....Maren????? ;)

Did you know your question would lead me HERE, Berigan? ^_^

My eyes were crossing for a few minutes...then I understood! Kinda, sorta... ^_^

I don't smoke cigars, but there is something in them that makes people live to be really, really old....George Burns, Milton Berle, Groucho Marx, Churchill....somebody, do some research....Maren????? ;)

Did you know your question would lead me HERE, Berigan? ^_^

To how many people is attributed the quotation beginning "There are three kind of lies . . ." and do they all smoke cigars?

--eric

Currently perfuming the room with smoke from a Gispert Habaneras No. 2. Purchased a box of these Small Coronas during an expedition to Andorra where the Havanas are cheaper than anywhere else in the world including Cuba.

Other Havanas I bought with the help of the last edition of Havanoscope, a yearly French newspaper size edition that deals with Havana cigars only and rates all the available brands. An amazing range of those are available in Andorra.

These are some of the cigars I bought (in small quantities all!):

- Bolivar Belicosos Finos,

- Cuaba Tradicionales,

- El Rey del Mundo Grandes de Espana,

- H. Upmann Connoisseur No. 1,

- H. Upmann Sir Winston Churchill,

- Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No. 1,

- Partagas Serie du Connaisseur No. 2,

- Punch Churchills,

- Punch Double Coronas,

- Saint Luis Rey Churchills,

- Saint Luis Rey Coronas.

Planning to enjoy the Punches I never smoked before.

Just an idea of the prices for these handmade cigars, the Punch Churchill sells for €7,15 (about $8,5). The same Punch sells for €12 in Paris stores.

The evening is a smoking one :)