Losing track of what you've got

Ed S

A few years ago - back when Ready for Freddie was a very much clamored for reissue, I discovered that unbeknownst to me, I actually had a copy of this much sought after gem. :party:

Today, sorting through a section of my cd stacks that I rarely visit, I discovered that I have a copy of Lawrence Marable's Tenorman :party::party::party:

Someday I'll post a list of discs that I re-purchased because I forgot I already had 'em.

I have only once or twice bought something that I already had thinking that I didn't have it. Once. . . I blame the record company for "disguising" it so well! Another time I had only myself to blame.

I often know I have something. . .but can't find it. That's a whole 'nother kettle of fish!

I have ~2000 CDs. Until today, I have never accidently bought the same disc twice, but my memory doesn't suffice anymore and I need to check my CD list on the PDA more often when going through second hand shops.

I'm still down between 700 and 800, but I can see the day coming. I try desperately to keep my CDs organized so I can tell what's going on, but this is definitely the selling point that will put a PDA in my hands in the future!

I try desperately to keep my CDs organized so I can tell what's going on, but this is definitely the selling point that will put a PDA in my hands in the future!

I'm on my computer very often but I'm not into much of the 'personal' technology. Is a PDA a good way to manage your CD collection?

I try desperately to keep my CDs organized so I can tell what's going on, but this is definitely the selling point that will put a PDA in my hands in the future!

I'm on my computer very often but I'm not into much of the 'personal' technology. Is a PDA a good way to manage your CD collection?

I really think it is. What you do (or what I do, at any rate) is to keep an Excel spreadsheet of the CDs you own on your computer, and upload it to your PDA everytime it changes. That way, as JazzMoose says, it's always with you, especially in the stores. I also keep a "want list" this way... :w