How many jazz cds do you own?

this oughta make me feel good: I'm sure many of our posters have larger collections than mine. "See, I don't go overboard on my buying..."

I haven't exactly counted, but I've got close to 700 cds.

They're all good though...

Lots of hard to find stuff along with in-print ones.

I have drawn a line in the sand several times in regards to buying cds. In the end, I keep buying them.

At least I sell them too. Helps keep the collection manageable.

B-)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my answer is, "nowhere near enough". I last counted in 1998, and there were about 1500 then (although that includes non-jazz), and I was still a grad student then. With a regular, good income now, I've only bought many, many more CDs, and about 90% of those have been jazz. Probably over 2000 now? I have no idea

Do we count all the discs in a box set as individual CDs? Or is the box counted as one? :blink:

do you guys ever get rid of anything?

Pretty rarely. What I don't like today I may like at some time in the future.

Late Coltrane is a good example.

There have been a few that I've hated so badly that I got rid of immediately. McCoy Tyner's "What The World Needs Now" was one, despite my being a huge McCoy fan. Much too syruppy for my liking.

Edited by dsgtrane

I have had close to 5000 CD stolen from me by a crack addict, including some of my favorite boxed sets. So I am down to 5 or 6000, but--except for the odd one that somehow escaped their fingers--all my Bird, Trane, Duke, Louis, Billie, Sarah, Basie, Jelly Roll, Waller discs are gone.

how did he manage to get away with 5000 CDs?

I friend of mine had some dope fiend break in his place and make off with about 500 DVDs. We assume it was a crackhead because that's all he took, he could have taken loads of expensive audio equipment. The DVDs are an easy trade for cash.

5000 cds would really be devastating.