Free America

cayetano

So are these all? (That's Nos. 7-20 of an Amazon France search for "Emarcy" in Pop, Jazz etc.):

7. Black Gipsy (6 décembre 2004)

Archie Shepp(Artiste) -- CD audio

Actuellement indisponible

8. Homage To Peace (6 décembre 2004)

Emergency(Artiste) -- CD audio

9. Tes Esat (6 décembre 2004)

Alan Shorter(Artiste) -- CD audio

10. The Panther And The Lash (6 décembre 2004)

Clifford Thornton(Artiste) -- CD audio

11. With Steve Lacy 5tet (6 décembre 2004)

Mal Waldron & Lacy Steve(Artiste) -- CD audio

12. Uhuru Na Umoja (6 décembre 2004)

Frank Wright(Artiste) -- CD audio

13. Roswell Rudd Quartet (6 décembre 2004)

Roswell Rudd(Artiste) -- CD audio

14. Donna Lee (6 décembre 2004)

Anthony Braxton(Artiste) -- CD audio

15. Certain Blacks (6 décembre 2004)

Art Ensemble Of Chicago(Artiste) -- CD audio

16. Saxophone Improvisations Serie (6 décembre 2004)

Anthony Braxton(Artiste) -- CD audio

17. The Gap (6 décembre 2004)

Steve Lacy(Artiste) -- CD audio

18. Phase One (6 décembre 2004)

Art Ensemble Of Chicago(Artiste) -- CD audio

19. After Love (6 décembre 2004)

Dave Burrell(Artiste) -- CD audio

20. Improvisie (6 décembre 2004)

Paul Bley(Artiste) -- CD audio

Anyone can make any comments on particular albums? I never heard any of them, nor read about them. However, they look like a bunch of very interesting ones!

ubu

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will these be available in the U.S., or should I send my mother record-hunting now that she has booked her trip :) I NEED that Alan Shorter. Orgasm was just that.

Believe it or not, amazon.de and amazon.fr will ship to the US. Also, I am sure that DMG and Dustry Grooves in the US will carry those.

I'll post their reply.

I can imagine it now:

"Hi Tony ... Shazam! These tripped out sessions from France contain some of the most ground-breaking music we've ever heard! Take it from us! At times, the music from these recordings hits that modally searching angular spiritual groove that was so prevalent in the air in France during the late 60's, but it never goes too far out, like other albums from this time, and reaches down for plenty of off-kilter solos that never fail to create a vibe which is like nothing we've heard before! We don't know what was in the water in France at this time, but it sure made for some killer tracks — a sort of longing for sadness behind the clouds, but a sadness that always puts a smile on our face. Tracks include ... oh, did you want the price?"

I'll post their reply.

I can imagine it now:

"Hi Tony ... Shazam! These tripped out sessions from France contain some of the most ground-breaking music we've ever heard! Take it from us! At times, the music from these recordings hits that modally searching angular spiritual groove that was so prevalent in the air in France during the late 60's, but it never goes too far out, like other albums from this time, and reaches down for plenty of off-kilter solos that never fail to create a vibe which is like nothing we've heard before! We don't know what was in the water in France at this time, but it sure made for some killer tracks — a sort of longing for sadness behind the clouds, but a sadness that always puts a smile on our face. Tracks include ... oh, did you want the price?"

:g:tup

I think I'll send Dusty Groove an e-mail asking if they know how much they'll be charging for these.  I'll post their reply.

Dear Anthony--

Well, sadly, this whole thing is up in the air at the moment. These titles have now been "reserved" by Universal US -- and will supposedly also be issued in the US this year -- but to date, we have seen no specific information. We'll have details as soon as we can -- and maybe the US release will mean a good price, especially given the rising cost of the Euro!

Moe Greene

Dusty Groove America

dga@dustygroove.com

http://www.dustygroove.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1120 N Ashland, Chicago, IL, 60622

Phone number: 773-342-5800

Fax Number: 773-342-2180

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a few of these, notably the excellent CORAL ROCK, on Prestige LPs, and although the production quality is often "rough", the music is full of vim, vigah, and vitaliky. I'll be looking forward to these!

BTW - the Mingus stuff made it to a Prestige 24000 thing that I never picked up. It's from his "sedated" period, and didn't do too much for me then. But I'd love to have it now...

Giant mistake on your part. Those two Mingus LPs are superb.

-After love- : Roscoe Mitchell (reeds) Alan Silva (el-cello,vln) Dave Burrell (p) Ron Miller (b,mand) Bertrand Gauthier, Don Moye (d)

Paris, c. December 1972

After love : America (F)30AM6115

a) Questions and answers

b) Random

Michel Gladieux (b) replaces Miller and Gauthier out

Paris, 1972

My march America (F)30AM6115