7/4

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Tri-Centric Foundation has launched their new website. Monthly membership is now just $7.99, for which you get a free album each month, 30% off back catalog downloads, and some other perks. There is also a raft of new bootlegs up, which are free to all. Some fantastic looking stuff: the 1989 trio with Tony Oxley, a trio with Derek Bailey and George E. Lewis, 70s Quintet, 80s Quartet, 1979 Quartet w/ Anderson, Barker and Lindberg, Duos with Tietlbaum and Gunter Sommer, and some solos and Creative Orchestra Music.

The Tri-Centric Foundation has launched their new website. Monthly membership is now just $7.99, for which you get a free album each month, 30% off back catalog downloads, and some other perks. There is also a raft of new bootlegs up, which are free to all. Some fantastic looking stuff: the 1989 trio with Tony Oxley, a trio with Derek Bailey and George E. Lewis, 70s Quintet, 80s Quartet, 1979 Quartet w/ Anderson, Barker and Lindberg, Duos with Tietlbaum and Gunter Sommer, and some solos and Creative Orchestra Music.

Thanks for posting this. I'm about to listen to the duo set with Max Roach.

• 4 weeks later...

thank you thank you thank you...

A real treat coming out on New Braxton House/Tri-Centric tomorrow: a double album of Lennie Tristano music recorded in studio in 1997 with Braxton on piano.

I listened to this one this morning and it's a joy. T-K-M repertory done Braxton style. The man himself is wonderful on piano, really channeling Tristano but going his own way entirely. The same can be said of the front line, Jackson Moore & Andre Vida; Konitz and Marsh are the touchstones, but the improvisation is quite original. This was recorded during a fallow stretch in Braxton's career but it would've been a "hit" had it been released by a label at the time.

You can download here, or just read Anthony's notes:

http://tricentricfoundation.org/label/member-downloads/quintet-tristano-1997/

NBH024_cover.jpg

Europe 2003

If you have those Leo 4-Disc "Standards" boxsets that were released about 8 years ago,

here are 4 tunes from those concerts that were never released. Total time: about 1 hour.

®ø∂

---

Now playing: Han Bennink - At 4

These were released on 19 Standards. http://www.leorecords.com/?m=select&id=CD_LR_572/575

These were released on 19 Standards. http://www.leorecords.com/?m=select&id=CD_LR_572/575

You're right! I just can't keep up with all of it! I should've checked.

I'll have to go back and listen to that set again - Clearly, it's been a while.

®ø∂

---

Now playing: Ravi Shankar - Anti Drug Spot

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else had problems with this month'sTricentric Foundation FLAC download or the one last month of the solo concert? The mp3s work, but I can't burn CDs from the FLACs.

Have you tried converting them to WAVE files first? If they convert OK then you should be able to burn a CD using the wave files.

Have you tried converting them to WAVE files first? If they convert OK then you should be able to burn a CD using the wave files.

I'll try that. Previously the flacs worked fine from them.

Edited by CraigP