The Bitch is back!

me-ow!

Elton John takes swipe at Madonna

Mon October 04, 2004 03:51 PM ET

By Paul Majendie

LONDON (Reuters) - Pop veteran Elton John has taken a foul-mouthed swipe at Madonna, saying she cheats her fans by miming on stage.

But the American pop superstar was swift to rubbish his accusation, saying she does not lip-synch or criticise other artists.

While collecting a song-writing award from Q music magazine in London on Monday, John suddenly launched into a tirade against Madonna when he discovered she had been nominated for Best Live Act.

"Anyone who lip-synchs in public on stage when you pay 75 pounds to see them should be shot," John said in reference to ticket prices for Madonna's Reinvention tour.

"Madonna, best f***ing live act? F*** off," said the singer renowned as much for his outrageous outbursts as he is for his outlandish outfits.

"Since when has lip-synching been live?" he asked.

He ended his outburst by saying: "That's me off her f***ing Christmas card list but do I give a toss? No."

His tirade prompted a swift response from her U.S. spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg who said in a statement: "Madonna does not lip-synch nor does she spend her time trashing other artists.

"She sang every note on her Reinvention tour live and is not ashamed that she was well paid for her hard work."

And Madonna, 46, showed she was not taking John's criticism too seriously.

"Elton John remains on her Christmas card list whether he is nice ... or naughty," the statement added. Madonna lost out to British band Muse for the Live Act title.

Elton John hit the headlines in Taiwan last month when, confronted by a wall of flashing cameras at Taipei airport, he lashed out at the local media, calling them "rude, vile pigs".

"The televisions and photographers at the airport were the rudest people that I've ever met and I've been to 60 countries," the 57-year-old star said.

His partner, David Furnish, has memorably captured the flamboyant star at his most outrageous and demanding in a fly-on-the-wall documentary appropriately named "Tantrums and Tiaras".

Madonna herself is no stranger to foul-mouthed outbursts -- as the organisers of one of the world's most famous art prizes found out to their cost three years ago.

Britain's Channel Four had to apologise for Madonna's "strong language" when she presented the Turner Prize on live television.

http://www.reuters.co.uk/printerFriendlyPo...&storyID=596304

Just a pair of gap-toothed, old-n-busted queens trying to fill the media whore void that Princess Diana left in the world.

Met Nigel Olsen in a hardware store in po'dunk Alpheretter twenty-five years ago. Asked him if he had change for a five. He didn't. And he had a solo hit in the top twenty at the time. <_<

Met Nigel Olsen in a hardware store in po'dunk Alpheretter twenty-five years ago. Asked him if he had change for a five. He didn't. And he had a solo hit in the top twenty at the time. <_<

Maybe he didn't have change for a five because he only carries hundreds?

• 4 weeks later...

October 28, 2004

Elton John Ready to Apologize to Madonna

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 8:24 p.m. ET

NEW YORK (AP) -- Elton John is ready to apologize to Madonna after recently accusing the pop star of lip-synching. ``I don't want to escalate it because I like Madonna,'' the 57-year-old singer-songwriter tells Entertainment Weekly. ``She's been to my house for dinner. It was something that was said in the heat of the moment, and probably should not have been said.''

``Would I apologize to her if I saw her?'' said John. ``Yeah, because I don't want to hurt any artist's feelings. It was my fault. I instigated the whole thing. But it applies to all those bloody teenage singers.''

John made the comment when presenting the Best Live Act award during the Q awards in London earlier this month. In EW's Nov. 6 issue, John described the event as ``a very drunken lunch.''

``The reaction to it was so hysterical,'' he said. ``It was like I said, `I think all gays should be killed or I think Hitler was right.' I just said someone was lip-synching. I'm not afraid to speak my mind. I'm not going to mellow with age. I get more enraged about things as I get older because you see that these injustices go on.''

(Madonna's spokeswoman, Liz Rosenberg, has said the singer doesn't lip-synch and indicated that she hadn't taken John's remarks too seriously.)

John, whose new CD, ``Peachtree Road,'' hits stores Nov. 9, wasn't remiss about recently calling photographers in Taipei, Taiwan, ``rude, vile pigs.''

``The thing in Taiwan was unfortunate,'' he told the magazine. ``We arrived at 12:15 at night, we were going through the terminal, and we were just ambushed. (The photographers) were pretty hostile. They were allowed to stay in immigration and photograph us.''

In the article, John also revealed he loves Eminem's new album, ``Encore''; might collaborate with the Scissor Sisters; doesn't see himself stopping recording; and wouldn't have a ``Jennifer Lopez wedding.''