Columbia (jazz) labelography

Shrdlu

Someone posted a link to a very interesting Blue Note labelography website awhile back.

Does anyone have similar details for Columbia's jazz LPs? (I guess that would be their "popular" music section.) The site that has the BN information has a good section for Columbia's Masterworks LPs (i.e. classical - jazz players aren't masters, of course, or, at least, they weren't back then :) ). It can be seen

here

I guess the other Columbia LP labels followed a parallel path (with just different colors), but I am not sure.

The reason for my uncertainty is that in the 1959-62 period, there seem to have been at least two different label color schemes, both six-eye: red and black (with a little white), and maroon and silver. The fate of the world is not at stake, but it would be interesting to know which were the originals. Or perhaps they existed concurrently.

From about 1962, the all-red labels were used, plus the "360 sound" phrase. My "Time Further Out" has one of these, and has superb sound. (I think that that album was first issued with a six-eye label.)

I think that all these LPs are in the same category as the BNs, soundwise. They sure sound good to my ears.