Does anyone else miss b3-er's signature?

Big Al

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I saw a post by Jim/b3-er today with his new signature, it about broke my heart. No, not because it's anti-Bush, but simply because it's political. Aren't there enough posters on this board polluting the landscape with their political adversaries "quotes" as their signature?

But even more so, Jim's signature was, for me, the soul of this place. The proclamation to "Keep it greazy" seemed like an open invitation for anyone to come in and get soulful. In fact, in the entire time I've seen Jim post, I've never seen that signature change. It was nice to see something so simple and so constant; and yet, it was that simplicity and consistency that seemed to provide the bedrock for this wonderful place.

Unless anyone has a big problem with it, I'm gonna make it my new signature, that is until Jim decides he wants to use it again. Which I hope he does. :)

I haven't seen his new signature, Al, but I have to go along with you in wishing politics were kept out of signatures. And avatars. And nonpolitical threads for that matter. Yeah, I know I could turn those features off, but it irks me that I have to consider that just because people won't leave the politics in the political forum where it belongs.

Or, one could always turn all signatures off...  :w

I hear ya, but I always viewed the signatures as sort of a gateway to the soul, y'know?

I take your point, Al--but at one point, I got frustrated that sigs took up as much space, if not more, than folks' actual posts! I turned the "feature" off, and have never looked back--and let the words be the window into the soul. :)

What was the signature? I've always had the signatures turned off. I once had a friend whose grandparents would always put the tv on mute when the advertisements came on. I guess that's how I always saw signatures. Same thing over and over again.

Bush quotes. Just out of curiousity, are you able to see your own Signature? I always assumed you had yours the way you do, on purpose, but perhaps not!

I wish more members would use the signature line feature to add their first name as it gets rather silly, I feel, to refer to each other by our sometimes just plain goofy member names. The addition of pictures, quotes and other bits of effluvia to the signature line is just so much clutter and a distraction.

Just one man's opinion.

I adjusted my board settings for the first time to lose signatures and BOY what a difference!

Nice to have the option to hit the off switch.