NBA 2004-2005

Yeah, that bomb scare was creepy! :angry: It just takes one knucklehead. All I needed was another inexplicable (to me, anyway) Piston loss... But there was some redemption tonight vs. the Celtics (Paul Pierce is formidable, but Sheed was awesome and Rip has returned! :)

Chicago beat the Pacers in overtime tonight. It's good to see Chicago coming back into the fray, but no joy for Indiana...

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, has anyone else been reading Paul Shirley's blog? He's the 12th man on the Phoenix Sun's bench, and he can be pretty funny:

We started off like a ball of fire, making up for our errant shots in Atlanta several fold. The Bobcats, on the other hand, were flailing away at the exact opposite end of the spectrum. They looked like a CBA team—fitting, since their arena and fans fit that mold. In the early going, Charlotte was nearly as inept as the Hawks were the night before. Jason Kapono started off on about a 1 for 10 tear and it appeared that the rout was on. I began considering the possibility that there could very well be a bit of playing time in the offing and started paying at least cursory attention to what was going on in timeouts, in case Coach D’Antoni said something like, “From now on tonight, everyone will be shooting with his left hand. Deviation from this plan of attack will result in castration immediately following the game.” I would really hate to miss one of those instructions, come out firing, and because of my own mental lapse, ruin the rest of my life. (That was an example of some unneeded verbosity. When I sign my book deal, someone will have to teach me how to actually write.)
Edited by Guy Berger

Actually, the Bulls just barely kept the game from going into overtime. Indiana came back really strong in the last minute. Bulls vs. Detroit (in a few days I think) should be a good one. Both teams are looking to make a statement. Kirk should be back in the lineup by then.

One thing the Bulls have going for them is the best Bench in the NBA (at least in terms of scoring) and Skiles is not afraid to go deep into the bench (I don't know if the 12th man plays but definitely 1-10 play all the time). One think you gotta respect about Skiles is that he will yank a player who lets up on defense, even if that person is a major scoring threat. Eddy Curry is finally getting the message and has been playing a lot better. He really was the difference in the Indiana game.

Bulls are going to the playoffs again! And it looks like the Lakes are going to miss the cut-off. Has the world gone mad?

Hey Soulstation

Ya really think the Heat can do it???

I don't think Detroit will repeat if Coach Brown doesn't solidfy the confidence the team has lost (including him sounding like he is through with it). Coach Brown is making statements that semantically leave the door wide open for him to quit.

AND that is Larry Brown's nature when it comes to staying a long time with any team.

B-)

I'm hoping the Lakers can wrestle Kevin Garnett away from Minnesota. The Lakers have cap room, and tons of small forwards to deal. KG and a PG and we're back in the mix. We won't have enough to beat the bigs, but at least it wouldn't be 10th place.

In good Laker news, Devean George is back and not only looks healthy but played like a seasoned veteran in the first game I watched. I've always harped on him for playing stupid--I guess it isn't difficult to appear smart on this NBDL squad.