NBA 2004-2005

BTW, sorry to rain on the Laker fans' parades but 90% likely they are headed to the lottery.

Guy

Rain on our parade? I've been in agony since the Shaq trade. :(

The pathetic performance in the loss to the Clipjoint last night was a microcosm of the season: Kobe goes for 41 and the Lakers have no hope of winning. They play the sorriest excuse for defense, and if it isn't Kobe or Lamar forcing it's someone jacking up a three. Ugly, ugly basketball. :tdown

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might need to figure Houston in there too. They don't have the most wins, but they appear to have the most wins against quality teams.

And the Bulls are going to be in the playoffs. Barring a late season collapse that just doesn't appear likely, since the kids are responding very well to a real coach. I'm thinking they'll make it to the second round. This honeymoon probably won't last more than a season or two before they get swole heads though.

What's really interesting is that the team is almost all rookies plus Chandler and Curry. I don't think it is an accident that the other players are just out of successful college programs -- where you listened to the coach and learned to play basketball. A few notable successes aside, I much prefer the players who played three or four years of college ball. I think they are simply better team players. I've heard that the NBA Players Union is going to not fight terribly hard against a minimum age limit to enter the NBA (like the NFL has). Personally, I think this is a good thing, though there will be a few youngsters who have to wait a year too long.

Anyone catch Craig Sager tell Shaq that some fitness magazine had declared Shaq obese? Shaq told him, "They (the magazine) don't have to play me. They can come down here and I'll bust their asses too. I'm the baddest man since Wilt Chamberlain, that's all I know." :lol:

You might need to figure Houston in there too. They don't have the most wins, but they appear to have the most wins against quality teams.

Plus, they're heating up at just the right time. They could potentially beat any team except the Spurs in a 7 game series.

And the Bulls are going to be in the playoffs.  Barring a late season collapse that just doesn't appear likely, since the kids are responding very well to a real coach.  I'm thinking they'll make it to the second round.  This honeymoon probably won't last more than a season or two before they get swole heads though.

A 2005 Bulls-Celtics series would be a parody of better times.

Guy

Kobe is a baby. I didn't have that big a grudge against him until he forced this trade. Now I can't stand him. Didn't he learn anything from Phil Jackson? Guess not. Jordan and the Bulls didn't really become great until Jordan bought into the team. As satisfying as it is watching the Lakers fall apart, I hope it serves as an object lesson to management not to give in to their star players, but management never learns either it seems.

Lakers?

Yeah, but the Lakers had 3 stars: Kobe, Jackson & Shaq.

Kobe wanted 20 million plus, Jackson wanted 15, Shaq 30.

So far the Heat don't have to pay Wade 20 million. Would the HEAT pay Shaq 30 and Wade 20? Probably not. I'm still waiting to see what the HEAT will pay Shaq next year.

Wade has been the difference for the HEAT. Odem has played below par for the LAKERS.

Sounds like Pat Reily has been able to manage Shaq, so far. He's in good shape. Course, maybe it's the Florida weather that helps Shaq's toe.

Look how well the HEAT are doing without a coach like Phil Jackson. That might give the edge to Detroit in the playoffs. (better coaching)

I hope the Lakers lose every game to end the season, and the Heat win every game clear through the Finals.  Draft picks, please.

...I'll be at the Pacers/Lakers game in a few hours.....I hope the Lakers lose also! B-)

Mark

As much as I would love to see the Heat win (to the dismay of the Lakers), I cannot go against the Pistons as long as they are in the playoffs.

Yes, Big Ben can hang, last year Shaq weighed more than 330, remember...

Kobe's selfishness was their downfall....

The Heat are a solid team, BUT Shaq is the only one with Finals experience.....

Odom is a bust ONLY because Kobe now is not going to let anyone be a star on HIS team......

Kobe does not pass the ball like a point guard, he only dishes if off when he cannot get a shot off......

Hell, did you see R. Wallace the other night....... devastating.......

Hail the Pistons, they rock...... :bwallace:

B-)

Edited by BruceW