NBA 2004-2005

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah,

But they are a first year team with this roster.......

Detroit is the defending champs....

Isn't that what you guys said about the Lakers UNTIL they were defeated...

B-)

:bwallace:

lol

But Miami isn't as bored as the Lakers were, and isn't totally dysfunctional because of personal issues.

Also, shouldn't a federal judge issue an injunction banning 1st round series in the Eastern Conference until they can field more than 4 good teams? I think the Hornets-Heat series went to about 35 games last year before one of the coaches died and they had to forfeit.

Guy

I don't buy that crap about dysfunctional Lakers. Hell, they were 3 time champs 3 of the last 4 years at the time. They still had their nucleus of the best 2 players in the league. Dysfunction or not, they added two future hall of famers, Malone and Peyton. So dysfunction or not, they still should have been good enough to go 7 games before that ass kicking.

Nobody wants to give Detroit any credit, so be it. When the Pistons kick ass again, everybody hit elbows and knees......

Detroit Rocks!!

B-)

ps

the pistons are lucky the bobcats ain't in the play-offs

seriously

ss1

Yeah, so are the Lakers

now wouldn't that be something if the Bobcats made the playoffs and the Lakers didn't??

Careful SS1 your own words are making you look really bad!

Yeah,

B-)

lol

But Miami isn't as bored as the Lakers were, and isn't totally dysfunctional because of personal issues.

Also, shouldn't a federal judge issue an injunction banning 1st round series in the Eastern Conference until they can field more than 4 good teams? I think the Hornets-Heat series went to about 35 games last year before one of the coaches died and they had to forfeit.

Guy

I don't buy that crap about dysfunctional Lakers. Hell, they were 3 time champs 3 of the last 4 years at the time. They still had their nucleus of the best 2 players in the league. Dysfunction or not, they added two future hall of famers, Malone and Peyton. So dysfunction or not, they still should have been good enough to go 7 games before that ass kicking.

Nobody wants to give Detroit any credit, so be it. When the Pistons kick ass again, everybody hit elbows and knees......

Detroit Rocks!!

B-)

Um, news flash: the Pistons didn't have to play the Lakers with Karl Malone. He was hurt. True story.

Yeah,

B-)

lol

Guy

Detroit Rocks!!

B-)

Um, news flash: the Pistons didn't have to play the Lakers with Karl Malone. He was hurt. True story.

So what.....

Karl Malone was NOT there when they won those 3 championships....

and that still left them with a loaded team..... and the 2 best players

According to Lakers news, they still had the best team......but.....

Karl Malone is not your excuse......

You know what, a lot of Laker fans I know in OC did not like Phil Jackson and now they are PRAYING to get him back.....

B-)

Edited by BruceW

I watched ten minutes of the Philly-Pistons game. Isn't there a mercy rule to end a series after 1 game if it's just too boring to watch?

Guy

No there is no mercy rule because everybody says the same thing about every game during the 1st round. It would appear to me that there is always something to look for in the early rounds besides the score.

B-)

Darko with 16 pts, 5 boards, and 3 blocks.

Get ready people, Detroit is gonna go from champiuons to juggernaut!

It was reported a day ago or so on Detroit radio (WDFN 1130) that Darko was replaced on the play-off roster by Darvin Ham.

Oh yeah,

then who was that big guy I saw on the court during the last minute and a half???

Darko's twin????

B-)

Wow... how clever.

Calm down, Bruce. All I said was that it was reported on Detroit radio that Darko wasn't listed on the playoff roster. My cousin in Michigan heard it-- he didn't imagine it.

So thumb your nose at Detroit radio for getting it wrong, not me.

:)

Edited by rachel

Wow... how clever.

Calm down, Bruce. All I said was that it was reported on Detroit radio that Darko wasn't listed on the playoff roster. My cousin in Michigan heard it-- he didn't imagine it.

It's ok, rachel. The Pacers might get past the first round.

:P

Yeah,

B-)

lol

Guy

Detroit Rocks!!

B-)

So what.....

Karl Malone was NOT there when they won those 3 championships....

and that still left them with a loaded team..... and the 2 best players

According to Lakers news, they still had the best team......but.....

Karl Malone is not your excuse......

You know what, a lot of Laker fans I know in OC did not like Phil Jackson and now they are PRAYING to get him back.....

B-)

You're the one who wants to pretend as if your Pistons beat the Lakers at full strength. I didn't even think the Lakers would get past San Antonio sans Malone.

I haven't even mentioned that the Lakers no longer had Robert Horry. A whole decade of championship teams had either Robert Horry or Steve Kerr in the lineup. It isn't a coincidence.

Not to mention future Hall Of Famer Gary Payton was a horrible fit in the Lakers' system, and played the worst ball of his career in LA. ;)

Wow... how clever.

Calm down, Bruce.  All I said was that it was reported on Detroit radio that Darko wasn't listed on the playoff roster.  My cousin in Michigan heard it-- he didn't imagine it.

It's ok, rachel. The Pacers might get past the first round.

:P

whatever....

I'm not necessarily rooting against the Pistons. Gar Heard is an acquaintance from his Indy days, so I always wish him success.

He's also a great jazz lover. I could have hooked him up with your CD, but I'm not feeling so generous now.... ^_^

Wow... how clever.

Calm down, Bruce.   All I said was that it was reported on Detroit radio that Darko wasn't listed on the playoff roster.  My cousin in Michigan heard it-- he didn't imagine it.

B-) Hi Rachel,

No harm, no foul.

I just happen to love the playoffs. The intensity, the draining of the last drop of adrenaline, the last drop of strength in order to win, average guys rising above their capabilities, the creation of new stars, to obtain the pinnacle of success in the sport of basketball...... it is just great.

Yeah,I know, the radio station was probably trying to get ratings...

B-)

Aw comon Noj,

You guys got more excuses than a dog has fleas, Lakers not at full strength, don't make me laugh. Shaq, Kobe, Fisher, Walton, Peyton, Cook, Rush, George, and the foreign guy (Can't remember his name, PF and backup CTR). The one guy hurt that really important was the defensive Fox. I remember now, Slava Medvadenko.

lol

Edited by BruceW

Dirk had a real bad day.....

Mike Bibby had a REALLY bad day....

B-)

SERIOUSLY.... 1 for 16???

The Kings actually have to be feeling pretty good about that. Bibby had one of the worst games of his Kings career and they still almost won.

I still think the Mavs are going to come back.

Guy

Aw comon Noj,

You guys got more excuses than a dog has fleas, Lakers not at full strength, don't make me laugh. Shaq, Kobe, Fisher, Walton, Peyton, Cook, Rush, George, and the foreign guy (Can't remember his name, PF and backup CTR). The one guy hurt that really important was the defensive Fox. I remember now, Slava Medvadenko.

lol

George was hurt, and do I have to reiterate how horrible Payton was for the Lakers? Outside of Shaq, Kobe, and Fisher, the Lakers never won shit with any of those other guys. I've got excuses, sure--they're just good ones.

Don't know if anyone noticed the Nuggets knocking off the Spurs tonight. San Antonio was shocked. Many people are picking them to take it all. But if they'd been paying attention they'd know that Denver has been the hottest team in the league for several weeks. Could get intereting in Texas. B-)

Don't know if anyone noticed the Nuggets knocking off the Spurs tonight. San Antonio was shocked. Many people are picking them to take it all. But if they'd been paying attention they'd know that Denver has been the hottest team in the league for several weeks. Could get intereting in Texas. B-)

I still have a tough time seeing the Spurs blowing this series, but it's gonna be a good one. Go Nuggets.

Guy