The Bar-B- Que Pit

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

It's about time we fired this thread back up.

I've got spring break this week, so I'm going to do some grilling. No snow here!

I really like when asparagus starts to be in season and much cheaper. Love to grill it!

Also cooking up some chicken and corn.

My apologies to my friends up north (although when I lived in Chicago I grilled year 'round). :)

Yum! That sounds delicious! :tup

Yes, they are really, really ... and I mean really tasty. (Isn't everything that's cooked on a grill?). My experience with seafood in general is that it is much more flavorful when cooked on a grill wrapped in foil (where your special coatings, etc., can percolate away).

Corn on the cob is another one (although you have to pre-cook it). Wrap it in foil with butter and slow cook it. MAN! ...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest acquisition.....

p2740247p275w.jpg

Time to smoke some pork butt! All I need is some friends to feed.............

Damn dude, you're going all out.

I've been thinking about getting a smoker for a long time. I have to use a gas grill with smoker pouches now, works fine but you can never capture the same flavor as as with a true smoker. I think I will sell one of the two grills I have and follow your lead.

Edited by catesta

I've always wanted one of these bad boys...

Char_Boil_Double_Door_Smoker_BBQ_Grill.jpg

...,but I don't have the space for it, and I usually don't cook large amounts of food, so it would be way more than I need.

That little Weber smoker is much better than the cheaper Brinkman version. I can smoke short-term projects (like chicken) on my Weber kettle, but I want to learn to make killer pulled pork, ribs and beef brisket, so I need a real smoker.

That is exactly what I want, I'll make space for it. :cool:

I've got ribs down solid, I think. I use a simple dry rub and only mop them a little towards the end.

They come out great on the grill with indirect heat after about an hour and a half, but like you I'd love to smoke them bad boys the way it should be.

Plus, try doing a brisket in a gas grill and you use up three + hours of propane.