Threads you will miss...

WY, no kidding? If true, too cool!

Hey Bertrand, did you ever talk to Javon Jackson and ask what he meant by “Horace Silver was the reason that Wayne wrote the way he wrote”? Mr. Goldsher’s explanation just didn’t do it for me (I don’t remember what it was, other than it didn’t satisfy).

That’s a shame. I’m convinced Javon was quoted out of context. Being that the Silver/Shorter connection is not an obvious one, I’d like to hear more about it.

Gee, now I’ve a boatload of questions, but they don’t have anything to do with Javon, Shorter or Silver. Too cool!

• 4 years later...

Excellent question. Does anyone know?

Bill Heid knows a bit about this session. It was done in Pittsburgh (duh!) for some cheapskate producer. Funny thing, Bill thinks it's Patton, not Young, or at least he did two years ago.

Sad to realize that now Webster is no longer with us. I never got to say goodbye. He was a really sweet cat. My life was enriched knowing him.

I believe Grachan said he wanted Woody for the date, but Alfred pushed for Lee who was better known.

Bertrand.

I really dug that collective effort on the ongoing sci-fi story starring Aric.

I kept trying to move it toward dark violent avenues and then the next guy would bring it back to the light, though. ;)

Too bad, there were some real good writing and plot twists, I wish someone kept it.

Dan, you probably forgot you even asked, but it was saved and brought over here:

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...ic+Merriweather