SoundVerge

davidmanson

I apologize if this message does not quite fit into this discussion forum, but this is as close I can figure. Through funding by WMNF-FM in Tampa, EMIT produced four radio programs featuring interviews and excerpts of music from innovative musicians and sound artists. It is in a 12-minute format. The concept was to make this program available to community radio stations.

At this point SoundVerge programs include:

David Liebman & Abbey Rader, 9/22/01 - (two masters still seeking)

Vinny Golia, Scott Fields & Toshi Makihara, 11/6/02 - (outsiders/insiders & more)

Holland Hopson, 3/25/02 - (sax & MAX or how I learned to love the laptop)

Gustavo Matamoros, 2/3/03 - (sound installations, the influence of Cage and the real Miami sound machine)

I am working on the Sam Rivers interview this summer.

I certainly can't claim to be a wonderful interviewer, but there are some nice moments in each program. It is great to hear what the artists think about their music. If you know someone involved with adventurous music at a radio station that might air some of these programs, please let me know via private mail and I'll mail you a complimentary copy.

thanks,

David