True to Blue?

Not sure about you, but I find myself checking the Blue Note website 2-3 times a week just to see if anything is going on with the bulletin board. Mostly just force of habit. As you probably know, they've had the same message posted there for quite some time, the one that says "we'll be back soon" or words to that effect. Anyhow, that got me thinking. Have you considered how you will react if the BNBB does manage to reconstitute itself? Will you register...will you post...or will you continue to let Organissimo satisfy your Jones for jazz discussion?

Seems to me at this point, the BNBB would be largely redundant, that what you post here would be the same thing you'd post there. I guess the real question might be do you feel any brand loyalty towards Blue Note in that that board is what got us to where we are today? Or, were you left with such a bad taste in your mouth when the BNBB vaporized that it's good riddance and thanks for the memories?

Just curious.

Up over and out.

I still have Blue Note as my homepage and screensaver.

I'm not sure what I would do at this point. I'd Follow the crowd I suppose.

This site has taken on the same feel for me that BN had. Kind of a cozy, comfy place, with a sense of humor. I miss some of the BNBB tailored humor, and some of the members that have not reappeared elsewhere, but I would be fine if they never open the BBs again.

I'm holding no grudge. After seeing that Norah site and putting together a pretty reasonable hypothesis as to what prompted the crackdown, I understand that the action had to be swift and decisive.

I think they could have accomplished the same thing with some direct emails, a few thread deletions and subsequent banishment of those unwilling to voluntarily comply.

I still check there regularly for news anyway. I'll go check it out if/when it opens. I expect an entirely different vibe there, though.

This board has nicely replaced all the aspects of the BNBB that I enjoyed, without the garbage.

I too would just follow the crowd. I followed it to allaboutjazz, then here, so why not continue? The point is talk and information exchange among folks who are into jazz, not loyalty to a Board that's been trashed by corporate idiots. If the BNBB comes back in improved form and lots of people post there, then I'll be there. Otherwise, sayonara.