Hank Mobley Mosaic set for trade

Hi brothers. I own The Complete Hank Mobley Blue Note Fifties Sessions Mosaic box set. It is a great set. I played it once, read the booklet that came with it once and stored it in a drawer. I would like to trade it for another Mosaic from someone that did the same as me (i.e., played it once and cared for it). I would love to keep my Mosaic and buy a new one, but my economic situation (being a student) does not allow me to collect them sets.

Im interested in the following Mosaics:

-The Complete Blue Note Lou Donaldson Sessions

-The Complete Columbia J.J. Johnson Small Group Sessions

-The Complete Blue Note Elvin Jones Sessions

-The Complete Mercury Recordings of Max Roach

-The Complete Roost Sonny Stitt Studio Sessions

-The Blue Note Stanley Turrentine Quintet/Sextet Sessions

Thx for your attention. Please email me or PM me if you are interested.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who you talking to crackhead... I would insult you if I knew the rules around here, but since Im new, dont want to start off on the wrong foot and get banned. Needless to say you deserve a big FUCK YOU! Scumbag...

btw - I registered 5 minutes before posting my offer, hope that helps you solve your little mistery.

o boy, aren't we all nice to the newcomers.

"yeah, but he started posting in the trade forum right away and didn't introduce himself and he called us brothers and gasp! he wants to get rid of his Mobley set and... whine"

this trade forum is a function of this board. if one needs to pass a litmus test before being allowed to post here, then maybe someone can put that into words and pin it as a FAQ somewhere. the guy is not selling anything, he's not spamming anyone, it's a legit offer. we're in our after hours club, a guy walks in with a mobley set under his arm and offers it for trade. he's not rubbing it under our noses like some rose-salesman.

I'd not take him up on it as I don't know who he is and whether he can be trusted, but that's his problem right?

o boy, aren't we all nice to the newcomers.

"yeah, but he started posting in the trade forum right away and didn't introduce himself and he called us brothers and gasp! he wants to get rid of his Mobley set and... whine"

this trade forum is a function of this board. if one needs to pass a litmus test before being allowed to post here, then maybe someone can put that into words and pin it as a FAQ somewhere. the guy is not selling anything, he's not spamming anyone, it's a legit offer. we're in our after hours club, a guy walks in with a mobley set under his arm and offers it for trade. he's not rubbing it under our noses like some rose-salesman.

I'd not take him up on it as I don't know who he is and whether he can be trusted, but that's his problem right?

There's no need for him to be offensive, though.

this trade forum is a function of this board. if one needs to pass a litmus test before being allowed to post here, then maybe someone can put that into words and pin it as a FAQ somewhere.

That's not a bad idea. Over on the SH Forum you're not allowed to post in their version of the "Offering and Looking for..." forum if you have fewer than 20 posts in the other forums.

I think it would be better to rely upon each person's hoped-for good sense to know that it's unwise to choose as the topic of your first thread (let alone first post!) selling or trading.

I rather liked the way Chuck responded. "Mr. Mingus" could have reponded with a bit of humor but, as I'm guessing he's a tyke, he chose to use naughty words and kick sand. (I'd be curious to know if "Mr. Mingus" had ever heard of the man he slammed! :lol: )

A bit of humor can go a long way.

To Mr. Mingus: I already have the Mobley set -- bought from a member of this board -- but thanks for the offer.

Well, I don't think it's a bad idea to keep out newbies coming here just to sell or trade stuff.

Why? Who cares about what a seller with a nice item posts in other forums.

The Organissimo forum is not a commercial site and I don't think it should be used by newbies solely for the purpose of selling/trading stuff.

Well, I don't think it's a bad idea to keep out newbies coming here just to sell or trade stuff.

The Organissimo forum is not a commercial site and I don't think it should be used by newbies solely for the purpose of selling/trading stuff.

we're not talking spame here, merely a trade offer. you still haven't explained why you think this is "not done." this site being commercial or not has very little to do with it all.

I don't really see anything wrong with Mr. Mingus making his first post in the Offering/Looking for section. It's more than likely that he would eventually post elsewhere as well.

Chuck has his own reasons for being tough on this kind of action. I can appreciate that. I did send Mingus a PM to welcome him. I have no personal interest in the Mobley Mosaic. So far, no reply... :w

Edited by connoisseur series500

we're not talking spame here, merely a trade offer. you still haven't explained why you think this is "not done." this site being commercial or not has very little to do with it all.

OK, maybe I should limit it to newbies trying to sell things.

I think my last post did explain my point. Jim is paying for a forum (with the help of donations by several regular forum members, I should add), not to make a buck but to give others an opportunity to talk about music etc. As I see it newbies coming here just to sell stuff are taking advantage of that.