Hank Mobley Mosaic set for trade

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody.

As I said I returned to the thread to "modify" my response and was greeted with label of "crackhead" and "Needless to say you deserve a big FUCK YOU! Scumbag...".

I probably would have let the first post "go by" if he had not addressed us all as his "brothers". To me this insults the intelligence of all the males here, to say nothing about our valuable female members.

Been on this board and some others for a number of years and have developed some "brothers", a bunch of friends, and a couple of "stay aways". That is the way the internet community works.

I simply felt "used". If any of you feel otherwise, I'm sorry.

I hope Mr Mingus becomes a useful contributor and proves me wrong.

I'm sorry I disturbed some folks and I hope someone got the Mobley set.

Personally I don't care if an offer to trade is someone's first post, or even if he calls me brother (though that's a bit tacky). I'm mystified, astounded, by turns amused and aghast at the notion of someone listening to the Mobley Mosaic once and wanting to trade it. Huh? How is that possible? I demand that he listen to it again!

Hello everybody.

As I said I returned to the thread to "modify" my response and was greeted with label of "crackhead" and "Needless to say you deserve a big FUCK YOU! Scumbag...".

I probably would have let the first post "go by" if he had not addressed us all as his "brothers". To me this insults the intelligence of all the males here, to say nothing about our valuable female members.

Been on this board and some others for a number of years and have developed some "brothers", a bunch of friends, and a couple of "stay aways". That is the way the internet community works.

hey chuck, i kinda like it when you "shake " things up a bit! :lol:

I see your points, Chuck. It is a bit "sketchy" when someone solicits a sale with his first post and pretends as though everyone here is his "friend". If he had established himself no one would have questioned him. Maybe he is new to these types of BB's, maybe not. Nevertheless, Chuck's comments should not be frowned upon, IMHO.

There's a fill-in DJ on the local "jazz and justice" radio station. Goes by the name "Brother Hodari" [phonetic spelling]. All through his broadcast, it's "Brother So and So," and, "Brother xyz" and sometimes, "Sister So and So" [no, not literally :P ]. All voiced in a decidedly unctuous manner.

From the rap he lays down, it's not clear if this is a new form of Islamic posturing (I use the word advisedly, because it sounds like posturing when he does it) (he's always on about teachings of Islam), or a new form of black nationalism, in which everyone is a brother or sister.

I'm not knocking either Islam or black nationalism, but it really bothers me when this guy uses "Brother " as if he decided we have all just signed up for his commune, or whatever. It just seems presumptuous for the guy to be "Brothering" me and the other listeners. It seems a little too slick and un-earned. Is this a new fad or something?

Hello everybody.

hey chuck, i kinda like it when you "shake " things up a bit! :lol:

Me too!

Remain yourself, Chuck!

(As if you could possibly be someone else! ;) )